Skip to Content
Seton Hall University
Abstract Images of Virus Image Over World Map

Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act

As a result of funding from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Seton Hall University is pleased to announce that we are offering all Title IV eligible undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in the spring 2020 semester the opportunity to apply for one-time emergency funding in the amount of $750.

  • Students must apply by submitting the form below.
  • Students should attach a brief statement in the space provided below to indicate why they are requesting these funds.
  • Individual grants of $750 will be made to students demonstrating coronavirus-caused hardship. Funds will be distributed until exhausted. Aid will be awarded to those who indicate they are experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic, such as loss of income or employment. Additionally, these funds should be used for expenses related to a disruption of campus due to coronavirus and could be used to cover food, housing, course materials, technology, health care or childcare. Priority will be given to the neediest students.
  • A Student Affairs Emergency Fund Committee will review applications and notify applicants on a rolling basis. The committee will make every effort to respond to application requests within 14 days.
  • Shortly after notification, awardees will receive a check for the $750 award. Please make sure your "Mailing" address in Banner is accurate to ensure your check can be mailed to the appropriate address.
  • To be eligible for these grants, students must be eligible for Title IV aid, they must have a FAFSA on file and they must have been enrolled in the spring 2020 semester for coursework that was not primarily on-line at the start of the spring semester. International students and undocumented students are not eligible for Title IV funds and therefore cannot receive this emergency aid.
  • This emergency award is not included in your gross income.


Back to top