University Events Calendar Help and Support
The University Event calendar is getting a new look! And with the new look come new features and functionality. The new features include:
Different display formats: Category - Date/Time - Location Search Capability
– you now have the ability to define searches, including by key word.
Helpful icons – depending on which view you have chosen, differing sets of icons appear that enable you to set the view for the day, week or month. In addition, use the arrows on the small monthly calendar display or click on the “Display Month” drop-down to navigate through the calendar, either forward or back to the month/date you choose.
Detailed Event view
The description for each event includes:
- Social media links for Facebook, Twitter and others, allow you to easily spread the word about any University event.
- Notify me – use this functionality to be notified if there is additional information about this particular event.
- Add to my calendar – click on this icon to quickly add the event to your calendar.
- E-mail a friend - use this feature to send word about the event.
Looking for your old links?
As you familiarize yourself with the new calendar, remember that you can scroll down to the footer of any event or view and find the same helpful list of links for Calendars, Academic Resources and Event Support that appear on the right of this page.
Submit an Event
Some things about the calendar have not changed, and that includes how you submit your events. Click on the “Submit Events” link in the top right hand corner of any calendar page. This will bring you to the familiar online form use for submitting both news announcements and calendar events.
If you need any help with the new calendar, please call or e-mail the Service Desk at (973) 275-2222 or email@example.com.
Don’t be left behind! Subscribe to the calendar for updates. By
subscribing to the calendar, you can be informed when a new event is
entered or updated in any particular category or for all of them. You
can choose to be notified via e-mail, text message or iCalendar Dynamic