The College of Education and Human Services Graduate Admissions COVID-19 Response
Seton Hall University is closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. The health and safety of our students, faculty, employees and their families are of paramount importance. We understand the uncertainty of this time is difficult and would like to address some of your concerns. If there are changes to admissions requirements, application deadlines, etc., for any of our graduate programs, they will be posted on the respective program pages linked below. Should you have any additional questions, please e-mail Diana Minakakis, Director of Graduate Admissions, at email@example.com.
Educational Studies Programs
- M.A., Applied Behavior Analysis prepares students to become professional practitioners ready to work on a variety of individual issues including autism, development disabilities, learning challenges, and behavioral issues. ABA practitioners contribute in settings such as schools, ABA clinics, hospitals, residential treatment facilities and adult service agencies. The program combines rigorous academics, scholarship and clinical experience in the field of ABA.
- M.A., Instructional Design and Technology provides students with opportunities to explore a wide range of emerging technologies, gaining technical competencies, and applying technology-enhanced instructional design experiences in their field of study. The program emphasizes a theoretical base for instructional design and exposure to a broad array of the most current instructional methods, strategies, technologies, and materials.
- M.A., Special Education is structured to meet the specific goals of each student and provide them with an opportunity to acquire content knowledge and skills that are state of the art, enabling them to expand their personal competence and to achieve higher levels of professional excellence. The program is unique in that it allows students, under the guidance of faculty mentors, to complete a master's program that satisfies their interests and career objectives. Students have a choice of concentrations in:
Educational Studies Certificates
- Certification in Applied Behavior Analysis is designed to assist students to meet the coursework, fieldwork, and supervision requirements to be eligible to sit for the Board exam to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). BCBAs typically work with individuals with various developmental disabilities, behavioral disorders, and other disabilities in various settings.
- Certificate in Global Studies. This program prepares new and experienced teachers to bring a comprehensive understanding of the modern global society directly to the classroom through modes that address the increasing diversity of culture, ethnicity and spiritual beliefs.
- Certificate in Information Technologies. Students who have earned their undergraduate degree, discover the basic concepts behind a whole range of information technologies and their powerful impact, while gaining technical proficiency in computing skills.
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities Endorsement (for candidates who already possess a Standard NJ Instructional Certificate). This endorsement adheres to the New Jersey state law that requires the development of recommendations on awareness of and instructional methods for teaching children with special needs, autism, and other developmental disabilities.
- Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (Graduate). This certificate is one of several graduate programs in teaching, professional development, technology, educational media, and leadership committed to lifelong learning and alternative paths to careers in education.
- Special Education Transition Certificate (Graduate). The Special Education Transition Certificate will provide the knowledge, skills, and competencies required of secondary special educators and guidance counselors to assist youth and young adults as they transition to postsecondary opportunities.
- School Library Media Specialist (SLMS) Certificate offers three tracks for students, certified teachers and professional librarians that lead to full licensure as a school library media specialist in New Jersey.
- TESOL Certification (Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages). The TESOL program at Seton Hall provides candidates with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to teach English Language Learners in K-12 and adult education programs throughout the United States and abroad.
Education Leadership Programs
- M.A./Ed.S., Catholic School Education Leadership, Management and Policy. Offers Catholic school educators and administrators a unique academic program that concentrates on the mission of Catholic school leadership and the formation of Catholic educators.
- Online M.A. Education Leadership, Management and Policy. A flexible, two-year, online cohort program consisting of thirteen 3-credit courses in education administration and supervision.
- Executive M.A. and Ed.S., Education Leadership, Management and Policy. A blended weekend and online program, ideal for working professionals, provides a fast-track to a graduate degree and rewarding career opportunities in education leadership.
- Ed.D., K-12 School Administration. Weekend cohort model program designed to provide administrative and supervisory skills for prospective and practicing K-12 administrators.
- Executive Ed.D., K-12 School Administration. Accelerated, campus-based cohort doctoral degree exclusively for certified and practicing K-12 school administrators.
- M.A., Higher Education and Student Affairs. A two-year program with a minimum of 36 credits required for graduation
- Concentration in College Student Personnel Affairs. Prepares practitioners for positions in student affairs administration at the post-secondary level.
- Concentration in General Administration. Introduces students to theory, research, policy, and practice related to higher education administration.
- M.A., Police Graduate Studies (Off-Campus) Program emphasizes the development of leadership, management and policy skills, for qualified law enforcement officer, criminal justice professionals, government employees and members of the armed forces.
- M.A., Police Graduate Studies (Online). Program emphasizes the development of leadership, management and policy skills, for qualified law enforcement officers, criminal justice professionals, government employees and members of the armed forces.
- Ed.S., Education Leadership, Management and Policy for Law Enforcement Professionals. Program emphasizes the development of leadership, management and policy skills for qualified law enforcement professionals who have completed their master's degree requirements.
- Ed.D., Higher Education Leadership, Management and Policy. Designed to equip practitioners with the theoretical and research-based administrative and supervisory skills for prospective and practicing administrators in higher education and state department of education settings.
- Ph.D., Higher Education Leadership, Management and Policy. Focuses on the interrelated societal and organizational dimensions of higher education, in preparation for senior administrative, policy development and management posts in colleges and universities, foundations, and government agencies, and for careers in teaching and research.
- Ph.D., Higher Education Leadership, Management and Policy with a Concentration in Education Research, Assessment, and Program Evaluation. This concentration, offered in the Ph.D, Higher Education Leadership, Management and Policy program, prepares graduates to conduct research and provide leadership, nationally and internationally, in the area of research.
Education Leadership Certificate
- K-12 Supervisor Certificate (Online). Online program designed to enable teachers to efficiently access the coursework needed to be a curriculum supervisor.
Professional Psychology and Family Therapy Programs
- M.A., Psychological Studies. A program grounded in basic theory and methods of psychology. Students have a choice of concentrations: Marriage and Family Therapy; School Psychology; Sport & Exercise Psychology; or Individualized (Student and adviser select courses to meet student's goals.
- M.A./Ed.S., School Psychology. This program, which features an Ed.S. track, trains students to become "full-service" school psychologists, able to address the psycho-educational and socio-emotional needs of school-age children and adolescents.
- M.S., Marriage and Family Therapy. Provides students with the coursework and supervised clinical training experiences to work toward earning a license-eligible degree in marriage and family therapy.
- M.A., Counseling/Ed.S. Professional Counseling. Prepares competent, socially conscious and reflective professional counselors who are able to meet the needs of a diverse society.
- M.A., Counseling/Ed.S. Professional Counseling (Online). A 48-credit graduate program for students seeking a career as a professional mental health counselor. Students may also choose to continue on in their studies by pursuing a 60-credit online Ed.S. in mental health counseling.
- M.A., School Counseling. Prepares school counselors to maximize the potential of all students through comprehensive developmental school counseling programs in diverse K-12 settings.
- M.A., School Counseling (Online). Prepares competent, socially conscious and reflective counselors for work in ethnically, geographically and socially diverse K-12 educational settings.
- Ed.S., Marriage and Family Therapy. A post-master's program for students with a relevant graduate degree, wishing to specialize in marriage and family therapy.
- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology. Prepares counseling psychologists in the scientist-practitioner model to assume roles as responsible, competent members of the professional psychological community.
Professional Psychology and Family Therapy Certificates
- Post-M.A., School Counseling Certificate. Designed to meet the requirements of the New Jersey Department of Education for certification as a school counselor, this program prepares competent, socially conscious and reflective professional counselors for work in diverse K-12 educational settings.
- Sports and Exercise Psychology Certificate. Develops students' knowledge in the core biopsychosocial areas of sport and exercise psychology. The program provides a foundation for working with athletes and athletic teams, in wellness programs, and in other health promotion areas.