Admissions: Ph.D., Higher Education Leadership, Management and Policy
Individuals who currently, or aspire to, serve in administrative positions in such areas as academic affairs, student affairs, admissions, financial aid, enrollment management, and planning and development in a community college, four-year college or university, or relevant government agency should apply to this program. If admitted to the program, students join a select group of highly qualified students with distinctive records of academic and/or professional achievement. A limited number of research and administrative assistantships are available on campus for full-time students.
How Do I Apply?
Complete our online application.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by the recommended deadlines*:
- March 15 for Fall admission
- October 15 for Spring admission
*Additional applications may be accepted beyond the recommended deadlines on a space available basis only.
Additional Required Documents
- 2 official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Graduate Record Exam, taken within the last five years.
- Statement of professional and personal goals with an indication of specialization to be pursued
- Resume of professional background
- 2 letters of recommendation regarding candidate's potential for doctoral study
- A $75 non-refundable fee
Admissions Criteria and Prerequisites
- An M.A. in an appropriate field with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- GRE scores must place the applicant in the top 50th percentile.