DOVE encourages all members of the Seton Hall community, regardless of faith or service background to get involved. Please visit the Engage Calendar for a list of upcoming mission and program events you may sign up for.
- Raphael’s Life House 12:15pm-3:45pm - At Raphael’s Life House in Elizabeth, teenage mothers find a home where they can rebuild their lives and give their babies a positive start in life. Give these new mothers a break by babysitting their newborns at the “Baby DOVE Club”.
- Homework Help 3:15pm-5:45pm - At the South Orange Library, volunteers will be matched with South Orange Middle School students helping with homework and becoming role models for these students throughout the semester.
- DOVE: Mission Night 6:00pm-7:00pm - Volunteer to organize snack packages for underprivileged middle school students in the local area with a student led organization; S.O.F.T.
- Zanmi Chat 7:00pm- 8:00pm - Sign up to connect and chat with students at the Maison Fortune Orphanage in Haiti. Due to distressing circumstances in Haiti, DOVE has not had the ability to plan our annual mission, however this program provides a unique way to stay connected.
- IFPO (Interfaith Food Pantry of the Oranges) 7:45am-10:15am - The Interfaith Food Pantry of the Oranges (IFPO) volunteers will assist in meeting the essential human needs of food-insecure residents of Orange and East Orange by sorting food donations and distributing them to local families.
- Make 1, Take 1 Sandwich Making 12:30pm-2:00pm - Stop by the Campus Ministry Lounge on campus Wednesday afternoons to make a sandwich lunch to be donated to St. John’s Soup Kitchen and receive a freshly made grilled cheese sandwich from the Campus Ministry staff for free!
- Raphael’s Life House 1:15pm-4:45pm - At Raphael’s Life House in Elizabeth, teenage mothers find a home where they can rebuild their lives and give their babies a positive start in life. Give these new mothers a break by babysitting their newborns at the “Baby DOVE Club”.
- John’s Soup Kitchen 6:15am-10:15am - At St. John’s Soup Kitchen in Newark, volunteers are needed to assist in preparing lunch and distributing breakfast. Students have the opportunity to interact with and learn from people who are experiencing food insecurity and to hear their stories.
- Teens Xchange 3:15pm-5:15pm - At the South Orange Library, volunteers spend time and build relationships with South Orange Middle School students helping with homework, playing games, crafting, and becoming role models for these students throughout the semester.
- Seton Stories 9:45am-11:15am - At the South Orange Library volunteers provide local children with an interactive literacy experience during a story time filled with singing and reading favorite children’s books.
- Pierre Toussaint Food Pantry 8:30am-12:15pm - At the Pierre Toussaint Food Pantry in Newark, volunteers pack and distribute grocery bags of food to families and individuals in need.
- Service on Saturdays (SOS) 9/11, 9/18, 9/25,10/2, 10/23, 10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20, 12/4, 12/11 The SOS program is an opportunity to explore your passions through service, while meeting new friends and making connections with local agencies. The mission of SOS is to Serve the Community, Serve the University and Serve the Student. Seton Hall students volunteer on Saturdays throughout the semester in meaningful community outreach at a variety of locations including PeaceWorks, the South Orange Environmental Commission, Liberty State Park, Jersey Cares, MEVO, and many more.
- Achieve Tutoring - Volunteer online with the Achieve Foundation and connect with local middle and high school students to tutor on a weekly basis. Fit tutoring into your unique schedule!
- Covenant House Community Nights 9/9, 10/14, 11/11, 12/9 - Volunteer to spend time with homeless youth in Newark at Covenant House by hosting a dinner and movie night.
- Halloween Carnival of FUN 10/29 - Join DOVE in hosting a carnival on Seton Hall’s main campus catering to guests with special needs. Help participants play carnival games, hand out prizes, serve dinner and dance with our visitors. Carnival themes have included Halloween, Valentine's and Luau nights!