One of the roles of Disability Support Services (DSS) is to provide support for faculty, administrators and staff to ensure that students' academic accommodations are recognized and implemented. Faculty members and instructors are encouraged to review DSS' web site to learn more about DSS' services and operations. Specific information is included on implementing academic accommodations, as well a general overview of creating an inclusive learning environment.
Please refer to the following sections on information relating to:
- DSS Syllabus Statement
- Creating an Inclusive Learning Environment
- Exam Accommodations
- Attendance Accommodations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty Guide: Rights and Responsibilities
- Quick Facts: Accessible Instructional Materials
- Legal Requirements
- How to Guide to Processing Exam Proctoring Requests
Teaching Students with Disabilities
Our colleagues at NC State University have given permission to share the following resources developed for faculty.