School of Diplomacy and International Relations News Archive
- Lunch and Learn: Character in Leadership
February 21, 2019
At the Arts and Sciences Cohort's Lunch and Learn meeting students learned about character in leadership from professionals.
- Diplomacy on the Move
February 20, 2019
Dr. Catherine Tinker was awarded a Fulbright faculty award for 2019-2020 to teach in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- On the Path to Peace in Mali
January 30, 2019
Diplomacy's Courtney Smith traveled to West Africa recently to see progress underway at the UN's peacekeeping mission.
- Graduate Assistant's Article Published
January 24, 2019
The Latino Institute's own Graduate Assistant Spencer Hinton had his article written for the School of Diplomacy published.
- Diplomacy Grad Wins First Emmy Award
January 14, 2019
Alexa Valiente, B.S. '13, received an Emmy for her work on an ABC News story focusing on the tragic shooting in Las Vegas.
- International Organizations Expert Awarded New Roles
January 11, 2019
Dr. Martin Edwards joins International Studies Quarterly's editorial board and USC's Center on Public Diplomacy as a fellow.
- Board Member Spotlight: Gail Thornton
January 07, 2019
Gail Thornton, M.A. '03 was recognized by the Public Relations Society of America and recently published her second book.
- Professor Yanzhong Huang Discusses U.S./China Relations
January 06, 2019
Professor Yanzhong Huang travels the world to talk about U.S./China relations and China's emergence as a global power.
- Seton Hall University Hosts Graduate Open House On 2/23
December 19, 2018
Seton Hall University will host its annual Graduate Open House on Saturday, February 23 from noon to 3 p.m. in Bethany Hall.
- Diplomacy Professor Publishes Book on Financial Surveillance, Presents Findings to IMF
December 18, 2018
Professor Martin S. Edwards has published The IMF, the WTO & the Politics of Economic Surveillance, presents findings to IMF.
- Students Dig Deeper in Ukrainian Diaspora Research
December 13, 2018
Students work with Dr. Jim Daly on gathering, analyzing, and displaying data on the Ukrainian Diaspora in NJ.
- Introducing Our Newest Endowed Visiting Chair
December 03, 2018
Japanese conflict resolution expert with UN experience joins the School of Diplomacy.
- Multi-stakeholder Leadership in Action
December 03, 2018
Richard Gannon, J.D. '91 brings his talents back to Seton Hall as chair of the School of Diplomacy's Board of Overseers.
- Diplomacy Students and the Art Strategic Influencing
November 28, 2018
As Abd El Kader fellows, Diplomacy graduate students recently participated in hands-on workshops on strategic influencing.
- Diplomacy Alumni Named Fulbright Scholars
October 31, 2018
Class of 2018 graduates Aidan Miller and Kylie Lan Tumiatti, are the School of Diplomacy's newest Fulbright winners.
- Giving Professionals a Global Edge
October 25, 2018
New online Executive M.S. program in international affairs and certificate in global studies offer career advancing opportunities.
- Diplomacy Professor Named Fellow at NATO Defense College
October 09, 2018
International Security expert investigates NATO measures in the Baltic region.
- Diplomacy Students Take Top Prizes in Essay Competition
September 26, 2018
Michelle Perez and William Virgili were honored as winners of the Abdelkader Global Leadership Prize essay competition.
- Lessons of Conflict and Peace
September 26, 2018
Study seminars abroad offer students firsthand perspectives on finding hope for peace.
- Five Words of Advice From Dean Bartoli
September 24, 2018
As we kick off another academic year, Dean Bartoli offers five words of advice for the Diplomacy community.
- Diplomacy Student Selected for Mission Trip to Israel
September 21, 2018
Mark McGuire will meet with government officials and others Israel during this two-week journey with fellow student leaders.
- Diplomacy Student Heads Back to Togo for Internship
September 16, 2018
Graduate student Erick Agbleke's assignment with the U.S Embassy in Lomé, provided a unique opportunity for him to give back.
- Meet Our Newest International Development and Diplomacy Fellow
September 06, 2018
Twenty-eight-year former diplomat of the Swiss Foreign Service, Therese Adam joins the Diplomacy School.
- Symposium on Modern Slavery Coming September 20
August 29, 2018
Seton Hall is hosting "Modern Slavery in our Lives" with human rights experts to talk slavery in our every day lives.
- ROTC Cadet's Special Mission to Senegal
August 21, 2018
Casey Bischoff combined leadership with service while learning about the people and culture of Senegal.
- Diplomacy Launches High School Student Summer Institute
August 14, 2018
High-school students jump-start their understanding of international law, human rights and advocacy.
- Diplomacy Expert Quoted on Key National Policy Issues
June 19, 2018
Professor Hugh Dugan was featured throughout the media on tariff policies, immigration reform and the Singapore Summit.
- School of Diplomacy Engages on Genocide Prevention
May 25, 2018
The School takes new steps in its relationship with GAAMAC this summer.
- Saluting Pirate Battalion's Newest Second Lieutenants
May 23, 2018
Seton Hall celebrated New Jersey's 14 newest second lieutenants at the Pirate Battalion Army ROTC Commissioning Ceremony.
- Diplomacy on the Forefront
May 23, 2018
Our Abd el Kader Fellow leads students as they present to key officials at the State Department and the CIA.
- Seton Hall Graduates 1,320 at the Prudential Center
May 21, 2018
Seton Hall University celebrated its 161st baccalaureate commencement; U.S. Treasurer Jovita Carranza delivered the address.
- Southern California to the UN: A Global Leader in the Making
May 15, 2018
Graduating Scholar, Kristal Corona, celebrates acceptance to Brandeis University's Heller School for Social Policy and Management.
- Naomi A. Shuyama, Intern at United Nations
May 14, 2018
Naomi A. Shuyama had a great opportunity to serve as an intern for the United Nations' annual Committee on Teaching About the United Nations.
- Crossing the Digital Divide
May 10, 2018
The Journal of Diplomacy and International Relations prepares to deliver scholarship online.
- SHUNA Rising
May 08, 2018
The School of Diplomacy’s Model UN team reaches new heights in the organization’s history.
- Students Pitch Ideas for Reaching the UN's Global Goals
April 26, 2018
Finalists in the School of Diplomacy's UN SDG Challenge present their plans for a better world by 2030.
- Exploring Ignored Variable in International Relations
April 11, 2018
Dr. Zheng Wang proposes new research methods to strengthen international relations methodology in a new book.
- The Great Origami Challenge Starts Now!
March 28, 2018
Make 1000s origami cranes by Earth Day 2019? Yes we can! And we can help save the planet, too. Here's how.
- A New Face for a New Approach
March 26, 2018
Research methods scholar Joseph Huddleston joins the School of Diplomacy.
- Diplomacy Comes to Life for Student Traveling to China
March 22, 2018
Diplomacy undergraduate student Mallory Finch writes about getting to know China while visiting on Spring Break.
- School of Diplomacy Team Visits U.S. Army Command Site
February 28, 2018
Inspired by a 19th century warrior and scholar, a leadership development program in Italy deepens understanding of Islam.
- Ambassador Thomas Pickering Addresses U.S./UN Relations
February 15, 2018
Thomas Pickering, who holds the Foreign Service's highest rank of career ambassador, visits Seton Hall on Tuesday, Feb. 27.
- Combating Inequality in Mexico and Guatemala
February 13, 2018
Professor Manojlovic and graduate student Morgan McMichen research the possibilities Central America.
- Students Practice Diplomacy by Authoring Media Content
February 12, 2018
Students are learning how to contribute to public debates constructively by writing their own opinion and news articles.
- Sustainable Development Challenge: Where Are They Now?
February 08, 2018
The School reconnects with our 2018 SDG Challenge Finalists in Part II of this series.
- Pirate's Eye on Gladys Henriquez '02
January 31, 2018
The multi-talented entrepreneur Gladys Henriquez shared her challenges as an immigrant and her experiences at The Hall.
- Verbal Victory, National Success
January 31, 2018
Students succeed in tackling complex ethical and international issues as they compete around the country.
- A Conversation on Modern Slavery
January 25, 2018
School of Diplomacy program looks at the crisis and response to human trafficking, globally and locally.
- Diplomacy Kicks Off UN Sustainable Development Challenge
January 17, 2018
The School of Diplomacy catches up with two of our 2017 UN Sustainable Development Challenge finalists.
- Diplomacy Students Visit The Nation's Capital
January 11, 2018
Graduate student Madison McHugh reflects on her busy day in Washington, D.C. with School of Diplomacy students and staff.
- The Crisis of Human Trafficking
January 11, 2018
The School of Diplomacy and two NJ-based groups co-host a community conversation on modern slavery, Sunday, January 21 at 2 p.m.
- Engaging the U.N.
January 10, 2018
Get to know the Director of U.N. Engagement, Hugh Dugan, as he expands the School's opportunities to learn, engage and contribute to the U.N.
- Announcing Induction into Irish Education 100
December 18, 2017
Deirdre Donohue Yates, Phyllis Shanley Hansell, Hugh Dugan and Rev. Brian Needles honored by the Counsel General of Ireland.
- Meet Our Leaders: Emily Fox
December 15, 2017
Meet Emily Fox, M.A. '17, a leader of our Diplomacy community.
- President of UN General Assembly Visits Seton Hall
December 14, 2017
School of Diplomacy and International Relations' World Leaders Forum welcomed Miroslav Lajčák to campus on December 1.
- Kosovo Ambassador to Speak at Seton Hall
November 27, 2017
The Ambassador and Consul General of Kosovo in New York, Teuta Sahatqija, will speak about "The Leadership of Women in Transitional States."
- UNA-SHU hosts U.S. Youth Observer Munira Khalif
November 09, 2017
The Seton Hall United Nations Association chapter welcomes the new 2017-18 United States-United Nations Youth Observer.
- UN Sustainable Development Challenge 2018
November 03, 2017
Got ideas to make the world a better place? Enter our UN SDG Challenge by 3/11 for a chance to win scholarships, cash prizes.
- Stillman School's SBDC Office Now Open For Business
November 02, 2017
Small Business Development Center office on campus offers students opportunities and strengthens access to the business community.
- School of Diplomacy Hosts Graduate Open House Saturday
November 01, 2017
Students interested in studying international relations are invited to the School of Diplomacy's Graduate Open House, 11/4.
- Prayer for Peace Concert Honors Lifetime Messenger of Peace Luna Kaufman
October 26, 2017
Luna Kaufman, Holocaust survivor, educator, activist, author and lecturer illustrates the theme of the Power of One Voice.
- What Great Minds Can Do: Lauren Greenwood M.A. '17
October 10, 2017
Lauren Greenwood, M.A. '17, reflects on her School of Diplomacy experience in a recent interview.
- Alumnus Named School of Diplomacy's Abd el Kader Fellow
September 28, 2017
Mohamad Mirghahari,former Chief of Staff for the TSA, is set to lead research initiatives focused on the Middle East.
- Diplomacy Professor Featured in Media Across the Globe
September 21, 2017
Diplomacy Professor Martin Edwards appeared in media throughout the world on President Trump's U.N. speech, and North Korea.
- Growing Our Community
September 21, 2017
New and old faces make their mark on the School of Diplomacy this fall.
- Diplomacy Professor's Op-ed Featured on Fox News Online
September 14, 2017
Fr. Brian Muzás published a feature op-ed on Fox News regarding North Korea and the Responsibility to Protect its people.
- Putting the Pieces Together: A Diplomacy Journey
September 14, 2017
Learn how one alum transformed his time in the classroom into an impactful career aiding the African continent.
- Seton Hall Chorus to Perform at NJPAC
July 13, 2017
Prayer for Peace Concert celebrates the power of one voice to inspire change, Friday, October 27 at Prudential Hall.
- Seton Hall Student Chosen for George Washington Carver Internship
June 21, 2017
Seton Hall student, Emma Tobin, has been chosen to be a part of a prestigious internship as a part of the World Food Prize.
- Seton Hall School of Diplomacy Joins PPIA Program
June 09, 2017
The School of Diplomacy joins the PPIA to continue promoting diversity and leadership in public service institutions.