School of Diplomacy and International Relations News Archive
- Diplomacy Kicks Off UN Sustainable Development Challenge
January 17, 2018
The School of Diplomacy catches up with two of our 2017 UN Sustainable Development Challenge finalists.
- Diplomacy Students Visit The Nation's Capital
January 11, 2018
Graduate student Madison McHugh reflects on her busy day in Washington, D.C. with School of Diplomacy students and staff.
- The Crisis of Human Trafficking
January 11, 2018
The School of Diplomacy and two NJ-based groups co-host a community conversation on modern slavery, Sunday, January 21 at 2 p.m.
- Engaging the U.N.
January 10, 2018
Get to know the Director of U.N. Engagement, Hugh Dugan, as he expands the School's opportunities to learn, engage and contribute to the U.N.
- Announcing Induction into Irish Education 100
December 18, 2017
Deirdre Donohue Yates, Phyllis Shanley Hansell, Hugh Dugan and Rev. Brian Needles honored by the Counsel General of Ireland.
- Meet Our Leaders: Emily Fox
December 15, 2017
Meet Emily Fox, M.A. '17, a leader of our Diplomacy community.
- President of UN General Assembly Visits Seton Hall
December 14, 2017
School of Diplomacy and International Relations' World Leaders Forum welcomed Miroslav Lajčák to campus on December 1.
- Kosovo Ambassador to Speak at Seton Hall
November 27, 2017
The Ambassador and Consul General of Kosovo in New York, Teuta Sahatqija, will speak about "The Leadership of Women in Transitional States."
- UNA-SHU hosts U.S. Youth Observer Munira Khalif
November 09, 2017
The Seton Hall United Nations Association chapter welcomes the new 2017-18 United States-United Nations Youth Observer.
- UN Sustainable Development Challenge 2018
November 03, 2017
Got ideas to make the world a better place? Enter our UN SDG Challenge by 3/11 for a chance to win scholarships, cash prizes.
- Stillman School's SBDC Office Now Open For Business
November 02, 2017
Small Business Development Center office on campus offers students opportunities and strengthens access to the business community.
- School of Diplomacy Hosts Graduate Open House Saturday
November 01, 2017
Students interested in studying international relations are invited to the School of Diplomacy's Graduate Open House, 11/4.
- Prayer for Peace Concert Honors Lifetime Messenger of Peace Luna Kaufman
October 26, 2017
Luna Kaufman, Holocaust survivor, educator, activist, author and lecturer illustrates the theme of the Power of One Voice.
- What Great Minds Can Do: Lauren Greenwood M.A. '17
October 10, 2017
Lauren Greenwood, M.A. '17, reflects on her School of Diplomacy experience in a recent interview.
- Alumnus Named School of Diplomacy's Abd el Kader Fellow
September 28, 2017
Mohamad Mirghahari,former Chief of Staff for the TSA, is set to lead research initiatives focused on the Middle East.
- Diplomacy Professor Featured in Media Across the Globe
September 21, 2017
Diplomacy Professor Martin Edwards appeared in media throughout the world on President Trump's U.N. speech, and North Korea.
- Growing Our Community
September 21, 2017
New and old faces make their mark on the School of Diplomacy this fall.
- Diplomacy Professor's Op-ed Featured on Fox News Online
September 14, 2017
Fr. Brian Muzás published a feature op-ed on Fox News regarding North Korea and the Responsibility to Protect its people.
- Putting the Pieces Together: A Diplomacy Journey
September 14, 2017
Learn how one alum transformed his time in the classroom into an impactful career aiding the African continent.
- Seton Hall Chorus to Perform at NJPAC
July 13, 2017
Prayer for Peace Concert celebrates the power of one voice to inspire change, Friday, October 27 at Prudential Hall.
- Seton Hall Student Chosen for George Washington Carver Internship
June 21, 2017
Seton Hall student, Emma Tobin, has been chosen to be a part of a prestigious internship as a part of the World Food Prize.
- Seton Hall School of Diplomacy Joins PPIA Program
June 09, 2017
The School of Diplomacy joins the PPIA to continue promoting diversity and leadership in public service institutions.
- Coming Full Circle: Past and Present Combine
May 11, 2017
Strategist, Capitol Hill insider, and Diplomacy alum John Jones returns to guide the Diplomacy Class of 2017.
- Diplomacy Professor Receives Luce Foundation Grant
May 08, 2017
Professor Zheng Wang leads international project to enhance U.S./China dialogue and policy work on South China Sea conflict.
- Hope Lives!
May 04, 2017
Inspired by the UN's Global Goals Campaign, students from around the world propose solutions to help heal the planet.
- Diplomacy Professor's Scholarship Chosen for Distinction
May 04, 2017
Diplomacy Professor Benjamin Goldfrank's scholarship was chosen for historical distinction by a high impact academic journal.
- The Basque Experience
April 22, 2017
Fourteen students return from Bilbao, Spain after an immersive seminar exploring the region's contentious past.
- Diplomacy Student Becomes Fulbright Scholar
April 18, 2017
Christopher Mazzacane, Seton Hall's latest Fulbright Scholar, will be heading to Argentina to teach English in 2018.
- Vatican's UN Diplomat Visits Seton Hall
April 17, 2017
UN Papal Nuncio discusses Pope Francis' Diplomacy and his experience as Vatican diplomat.
- Diplomacy Alumni Launch Online Art Gallery
April 06, 2017
Applying their international relations background, two recent Diplomacy grads start a business focused on Latin American art.
- What Yields True Justice?
March 29, 2017
Assistant Professor Dr. Zinaida Miller addresses anti-impunity and international human rights in a new publication.
- Connections and Collaboration Drive New Seminar
March 20, 2017
A weekly field seminar held at the United Nations headquarters opens new doors for students.
- Win for Civil Society highlights UN-NGO Collaboration
March 15, 2017
Rev. Brian K. Muzas and his colleagues created the Gyeonju Action Plan, now circulated as an official UN document.
- A Return to 'Memory and Conflict'
March 08, 2017
The Basque Country Study Tour embarks on its second visit to Spain with new additions expanding on last year's foundation.
- Former Mayor of Rome to Discuss Italy and Migration
February 22, 2017
The Honorable Walter Veltroni will address this important and timely topic on Tuesday, March 14, at 6 p.m.
- Professor Hugh Dugan Addresses UN General Assembly
February 21, 2017
Professor Hugh Dugan appeared before the UN General Assembly on behalf of the convention against enforced disappearance.
- The Road Less Traveled? Not Anymore.
February 21, 2017
Read one alumna’s story of career success found by pursuing study of both diplomacy and law and see how you can do the same.
- Students to visit Cuba in the spring
February 15, 2017
Diplomacy students will be traveling to Cuba during the university spring break for a once in a lifetime trip.
- Pope Francis' Diplomacy
February 13, 2017
School of Diplomacy hosts lecture by papal nuncio on his experience as Vatican diplomat and the Pope's diplomatic priorities.
- Pirates Eye on Anthony Istrico, M.P.A '04/M.A.D.I. '04
January 29, 2017
Anthony Istrico is a diplomacy alumnus turned producer. Today he is the manager of a successful film production company.
- Diplomacy Professor Featured in Washington Post on NATO
January 26, 2017
Professor Sara Bjerg Moller published an analysis article on the keys to NATO's prospects during a Trump presidency.
- "Diplomacy in President Trump’s World: What’s Next?"
January 23, 2017
View a full-length recording of the event: “Diplomacy in President Trump’s World: What’s Next?”
- Diplomacy Sophomore Combats Climate Change
January 19, 2017
Accomplished Sophomore Renata Koch Alvarenga expands her advocacy in a leadership role at Climate CoLab.
- Professor Hugh Dugan Featured on Fox News
January 18, 2017
Professor Hugh Dugan of the School of Diplomacy & International Relations on the prospect of U.S. funding cuts to the UN.
- Diplomacy in the time of Trump
January 12, 2017
School of Diplomacy faculty will host a discussion on the future of Diplomacy in President-elect Trump's administration.
- Diplomacy Professor Martin Edwards on Fox News
December 15, 2016
Professor Martin Edwards appeared on Fox News in an interview regarding the prospects for the U.N. under a Trump presidency.
- Men's Basketball Teams Up With Relay for Life
December 14, 2016
Pirate basketball joins the fight against cancer at January 22 game. Tickets on sale now.
- Professor Zheng Wang on NPR’s 'On Point'
December 09, 2016
Professor Zheng Wang on the changing nature of US-China relations and the similarities between Donald Trump and Xi Jinping.
- School of Diplomacy hosts TSA Admin Peter Neffenger
December 08, 2016
The Seton Hall School of Diplomacy and International Relations hosted Administrator of the TSA, Peter Neffenger.
- The Making of a Global Career
December 01, 2016
Ziad Al Achkar left his small town near Beirut to study international affairs and pursue a career in international security.
- TSA Administrator to Give a Major Address at Seton Hall
October 28, 2016
The School of Diplomacy will host TSA Administrator Peter Neffenger to discuss Entrepreneurship in Government: Lessons from TSA's Transformation on Tuesday, November 29
- School of Diplomacy Launches Next UN Global Challenge
October 20, 2016
The UN Sustainable Development Challenge returns with opportunities for both high school and college students.
- Philip Altbach To Launch Distinguished Speaker Series
October 18, 2016
The inaugural Higher Education Distinguished Speaker Series begins with renowned research professor Philip Altbach, Ph.D.
- Diplomacy Alumni Honor Two of Their Own
October 11, 2016
Christina Perelli and David McCoy are honored by their peers for their impactful contributions to communities in Ghana.
- School of Diplomacy Unveils New Programs
September 22, 2016
The School of Diplomacy is excited to announce the launch of two programs that will expand learning opportunities.
- UNA - USA Book Launch
September 21, 2016
The School of Diplomacy announces the publishing of a book on the persistence, problems and achievements of the UNA-USA.
- Thirst for Peace: Pope Francis Viewing
September 16, 2016
See the special viewing of Assisi 30 Thirst For Peace with Pope Francis and World Religious Leaders on Sept. 20.
- Thank You Diplomacy Alumni
September 07, 2016
A heartfelt letter of thanks to the many generous alumni of the School of Diplomacy and International Relations.
- Selecting the Next UN Secretary-General
August 05, 2016
The School of Diplomacy co-sponsors a panel of UN experts examining the search for a new Secretary-General.
- Diplomacy Professor Analyzes Global Conflict
July 26, 2016
Professor Wang discusses lessons China can learn from case involving South China Sea conflict.
- End of Year Awardees
July 20, 2016
School of Diplomacy Students and Alumni Recognized for Achievements
- UNA-SHU Awarded By UNA-USA
July 13, 2016
UNA-SHU Receives Campus Chapter Excellence Award from UNA-USA
- New Research Team at School of Diplomacy
June 30, 2016
The School has launched a research team focused on Unarmed Strategic Forces
- Dr. Yanzhong Huang Shares Expertise in Congressional Testimony
June 14, 2016
Dr. Yanzhong Huang Shares Expertise on Healthcare in China during Congressional Testimony
- High School Students Solve Global Issues
May 12, 2016
Winners selected in School of Diplomacy and International Relations’ UN Development Challenge.
- Fulbright Finalists Announced
May 09, 2016
Three diplomacy majors at Seton Hall have been awarded a Fulbright Scholarship this year.
- Diplomacy Students Named PMF Fellows
May 05, 2016
Diplomacy Students Named Presidential Management Fellows
- School of Diplomacy Welcomes Zinaida Miller to Faculty
April 28, 2016
Zinaida Miller will join the School of Diplomacy this fall.