Alumni Making a Difference
Equipped with knowledge, skills and experience, School of Diplomacy graduates are making an impact around the world.
Some alumni advance their education at prestigious graduate programs in the United States and abroad. Others move straight into careers in government, business, international organizations, NGOs and non-profits. A common thread that connects all our graduates is their drive to serve.
"Every day I come to work," notes alumna Sabina Sabados, "I am reminded of my Diplomacy classmates-diverse, motivated, inspired, intelligent people trying to find a way to make positive changes in our world."
Whether handling issues of commerce, human security, and intelligence; conducting high-level business in an international corporation; or working in the field as a program officer for a humanitarian organization, School of Diplomacy alumni are engaged in meaningful work all over the world.
Long after students receive their diplomas and embark on their careers, the School of Diplomacy and Seton Hall University continue to remain committed to graduates. Commencement simply signifies a new phase in an alumnus' relationship with their former professors, administrators, and student colleagues. Graduates of the School remain life-long members of the Seton Hall family and are encouraged to take advantage of the variety of benefits and services offered by the University's Office of Alumni Relations.
The School of Diplomacy itself maintains a network of alumni working across the U.S. and around the world. Upon graduation, all Diplomacy students become members of the School of Diplomacy Alumni Association. Through the Office of Professional Services, Diplomacy alumni continually contribute to the School community, returning to campus to advise and mentor current students, participate in workshops and panels, and provide timely insight into the world of diplomacy and international relations. The global family of Diplomacy alumni is a valuable resource for current students and young alumni, providing a network of contacts regarding internships, jobs, and other issues related to professional development.
Following are some of the agencies and organizations where our alumni have found employment:
- American Red Cross
- Catholic Charities
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Columbia University
- Council on Foreign Relations
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
- The Embassy of the Kingdom of Morocco in France
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Executive Office of the President of Azerbaijan
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Fox News
- The Global Health Council
- Goldman Sachs
- International Labour Organisation
- International Rescue Committee
- McCarter & English, LLP
- New York City Law Department
- New York State Senate
- Newark, Office of the Mayor
- Oxfam America
- Peace Corps
- Permanent Mission of Chile to the U.N.
- Schering Plough
- Tiffany & Co.
- United Nations
- United Nations Association -USA
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Navy
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- Women's Caucus for Gender
- World Education Services