The following academics, lecturers and authors are part of the speaker's bureau of the G. K. Chesterton Institute and they have presented papers at various conferences of the Institute in the United States and worldwide.
Fr. Ian Boyd, C.S.B., President, G.K. Chesterton Institute; Editor, The Chesterton Review, US
Father Ian Boyd is a priest of the Congregation of Saint Basil. An internationally recognized Chesterton scholar, he is the author of The Novels of G.K. Chesterton (London 1975). For many years he was Professor of English at St. Thomas More College, University of Saskatchewan. Currently he is a member of the Department of English at Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. Father Boyd also lectures on the subject of "Sacramental Themes in Modern Literature." Among the Christian authors whose work he discusses are T.S. Eliot, Graham Greene, C.S. Lewis, Flannery O'Connor, Piers Paul Read, Muriel Spark and Evelyn Waugh. In nineteenth-century literature, he is interested in the work of such authors as Charles Dickens, Anthony Trollope and Nathaniel Hawthorne. Father Boyd is the Founder and Editor of The Chesterton Review and the President of the G.K. Chesterton Institute for Faith & Culture based at Seton Hall University.
Dermot Quinn, Professor, Seton Hall University, US
Dr. Dermot Quinn is a Professor of History at Seton Hall University, a member of the Board of Advisors of the G. K. Chesterton Institute for Faith & Culture and a member of the Editorial Board of The Chesterton Review. Educated at Trinity College, Dublin and New College, Oxford, where he was awarded a doctorate in 1986. He has written extensively on Chestertonian themes, has authored three books The Irish in New Jersey: Four Centuries of American Life (Rutgers University Press, 2004)(winner, New Jersey Studies Academic Alliance, Non-fiction Book of the Year, 2005);Patronage and Piety: The Politics of English Roman Catholicism, 1850-1900 (Stanford University Press/Macmillan, 1993) and Understanding Northern Ireland (Baseline Books, Manchester, UK, 1993 and many articles and reviews in the field of British and Irish history. He was Fellow of the James Madison Program at Princeton University, Academic Year 2008-2009.
- Jaime Antunez, Editor, Revista Humanitas, Chile
- Salvador Antunano, Professor, U. Francisco de Vitoria, Spain
- Philip Blond, Lecturer, UK
- †Stratford Caldecott, Sophia Press, UK
- Daniel Callam, C.S.B., Associate Editor, The Chesterton Review, Canada
- Allan Carlson, Lecturer and Author, US
- Owen Dudley Edwards, Lecturer and Author, UK
- Joaquin Garcia-Huidobro, Professor, U de Los Andes, Chile
- Sheridan Gilley, Author, UK
- Alain Lanavere, Lecturer, France
- Philippe Maxence, Editor, L'Homme Nouveau, France
- David Mills
- Peter Milward, Sophia University, Japan
- William Oddie, Author and President, Chesterton Society, UK
- Joseph Pearce, Author, US
- Bill Kauffman, Author, US
- Gerald Russello, Editor, The University Bookman, US
- Karl Schmude, Lecturer and Author, Australia
- Julia Stapleton, University of Durham, UK
- Aleksander Stepkowski, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Thomas Storck, Lecturer, US
- Brian Sudlow, University Professor, UK
If you wish to receive any further information, please contact: (973) 275-2431.