Catholic Studies Program invites you to the following panel discussion: "Learn and Become Who You Are: Virtue and Friendship in a Virtual World."
This will be a Faculty-Student Panel on the Catholic Mission of the University in a Hyflex Environment.
When: Wednesday, October 21, at 7:30 – 9 p.m.
You can click here to join via Zoom.
According to Church teaching there are several distinctive marks of Catholic education including the centrality of the community, human relationships, the presence of the sacraments and communication through the sacraments, and the integral formation of the whole human person: mind, body and soul. All this lead to the development of a profound and Catholic understanding of the world. But how can the Catholic mission be applied in a remote environment? How can relationships, community, sacraments develop and operate in a remote-Hyflex environment?
A panel discussion made up of Seton Hall University faculty and students will discuss creative ways of how to support the Catholic mission of the university in a remote learning environment. Results of the panel discussion will inform campus initiatives in support of the Catholic mission.
The event is sponsored by: Campus Ministry, Catholic Studies Club, Center for Catholic Studies, Core Curriculum, Department of Religion, Institute for Communication and Religion and the Immaculate Conception School of Theology
The Program is as follows:
- Dr. KC Choi – Introductions
- Fr. Colin Kay – How to Heal and Connect
- Fr. Joseph Laracy – Remaining Rooted in Mission
- Dr. Ines Murzaku – Spiritual Sacraments at the Time of Covid-19
- Dr. Jon Radwan – Values Based Leadership: Know Your Mission!
Catholic Mission in a Virtual-Hyflex Environment – a Students' Perspective:
- Ms. Tiffany Burns Theology Major
- Ms. Paige Hawco Biology/ Catholic Studies Double Major
- Ms. Marian Hervias Biology/Catholic Studies Double Major
- Ms. Sarah Hollcraft History/Catholic Studies Double Major
- Ms. Mary Nowak Biology/Catholic Studies Double Major and Chemistry Minor
- Ms. Giselle Pineda Biology/Catholic Studies Double Major – President of Catholic Studies Club
The discussion will end of with a Q&A session.