The most recent Seton Hall Sports Poll queried the public on a number of issues, including whether or not the public thought that the investigation by MLB of the Astros electronic sign stealing scandal was real or "just a cover up." The poll also asked Americans whether or not they thought the players involved in the scandal should be punished and whether or not given the lack of punishment for the players, Pete Rose should finally be admitted to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
These aspects of the poll were featured in USA Today's "Notable Numbers," which appears on the front page of the Sports Page of the hard copy of the newspaper; 1010 WINS News; Yahoo News plus Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Entertainment and Yahoo Lifestyle, both here in the United States as well as Australia, Canada, the UK, and more. In addition, the findings were featured by ESPN, Sports Business Daily, The Kansas City Star and a host of other smaller media outlets.
Another finding of the poll that caught the attention of the media was the public's response to the prospect of increasing the regular season of NFL Football from 16 to 17 games. Only 31 percent of the public were in favor of the extended season.
That finding was featured by SportsNaut, and then picked up by YardBarker and USA Today.com.
- Yahoo News, "Nearly 50 Percent of People Think the Astros Cheating Investigation was a Cover Up"
- ESPN, "54% of respondents in a Seton Hall Sports Poll said this week that MLB should've punished Astros players for the sign-stealing scandal"
- Sports Business Daily, Closing Bell
- Kansas City Star, "In wake of cheating scandal, survey shows Astros are most-hated team by a wide margin"
- USA Today, "Notable Numbers"
- USA Today, University Poll Shows only 31 Percent of NFL Fans in Favor of 17 Game Season
Read more about the findings of the Seton Hall Sports Poll in the two latest releases:
- "By 3 to 1 Margin Americans Say Astros Investigation was a Coverup and Players Need to Be Punished; 17% less inclined to follow baseball because of handling of Astros scandal; 63% Have Less Respect for US Government Following Impeachment Proceedings"
- "75% of Those Who Have Sampled the New XFL Find it More Interesting or About the Same As NFL"