Beta Alpha Psi
Beta Alpha Psi is an international scholastic and professional honors organization for financial information students and professionals. The primary objective of the organization is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the financial information field. Zeta Xi, Seton Hall's chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, hosts events with numerous prestigious firms ranging from public accounting to insurance to financial services companies. At these events, members have the opportunity to interact with professionals and hone their networking skills. Participation in Beta Alpha Psi helps students build lasting relationships with representatives from these various companies, giving student members a distinct advantage when searching for internships or full-time positions.
The benefits of Beta Alpha Psi are not limited to professional development. The organization is committed to community service and participates in numerous volunteer activities each year. From helping out at the local food bank to organizing a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, Beta Alpha Psi does a great deal to instill a sense of servant leadership in all of its members.
Students seeking to pledge Beta Alpha Psi must:
- Be at least a sophomore-level accounting, finance, or MIS major, who has completed a business core course. Initiation will take place only when a student has attained junior status and has a GPA of 3.0 or above in the designated upper-level courses of his/her concentration.
- Maintain an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Attend all weekly meetings.
- Attend the end-of-semester banquet.
- Participate in one community service event per semester.
- Participate in weekly tutoring sessions and in the chapter's VITA program.
- Participate in fundraising activities.
- Pay required semester dues.
Color of honor cord: Maroon