We have developed a model of academic advising at Seton Hall called the Student Success Team. This team is here to support your academic growth and professional development through listening and providing guidance.
There are four members of the Student Success Team.
- The first member is you. At Seton Hall, our goal is to provide a distinctive and rigorous education that encourages students become adaptable, imaginative, resilient, ethical and successful individuals. To do this, you need to be an active member of the team. This means taking ownership and responsibility of your academic journey by responding to your advisor's outreach, preparing for your academic advising appointments, and asking for help.
- Student Success Advisor: Your Student Success Advisor is a full-time advisor who will help you navigate many of the logistical aspects of your Seton Hall journey, including understanding Compass, first-year course selection, and managing registration requirements including holds. Your Student Success Advisor are in the Center for Academic Success (CAS), Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), Pre-Med/ Pre-Dent Plus Program (PMPDPP), Academic Support for Student-athletes, and Resilience, Integrity, Scholarship, and Excellence (RISE) Programs.
- Academic Advisor: Your Academic Advisor is a faculty members assigned by your College or Department. Their role is focuses on aligning your coursework with your academic interests and clarifying your life goals to develop educational plans. Faculty advisors can also provide mentorship and course selection.
- Career Advisor: Your Career Advisor facilitates career development and experiential learning opportunities that employer you to engage in lifelong career management through career planning, advising, and coaching.
How do I find my Student Success Team Members?
To find the name of your Student Success Team Members, go to Seton Hall Compass:
- Click on PirateNet
- Enter your Seton Hall credentials
- Click on the COMPASS icon
- On the Student Home Page, click on the "Send a Message" tab to see the name of your student success team for the current term.
- If you are unable to locate your Team, please fill out this form.