Todd Stockdale is a Practical Theologian and Teaching Fellow in the Department of the Core at Seton Hall University.
My research interests rest within the discipline of practical theology. As a practical theologian, I find myself drawn to the complexities present in lived Christianity and therefore I seek to investigate theological themes through the particularities of concrete situations. This means that much of my own work has been cross-disciplinary in nature and I routinely draw upon various qualitative research methodologies from the social sciences—such as participant observation, in-depth interviews and focus groups—in order to explore a range of theological issues.
- Ph.D., University of Edinburgh
- M.Th., University of Edinburgh
- M.A., Dallas Theological Seminary
- B.A., University of Arkansas
- Research Associate for the "Good Practice in Diaconal Ministry" research project at the Wesley Study Centre, St. John’s College, Durham University.