Afua is certified in Med-Surg Nursing and has worked for the past 19 yrs as an RN with focus on the acutely - ill adult.
Afua has had a great deal of experience in different aspects of nursing both here in America and abroad. These include: community, public health, psychiatry, long-term care nursing, education and acute care nursing. Her specialty area is the care of adults in acute care settings including patients with medical and surgical conditions of all kinds: obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedic, vascular, gastrointestinal, breast, bariatric, genito-urinary, pulmonary surgeries, telemetry and ventilated patients. Afua's passion for excellence in what she does led her to pursue board certification in medical - surgical nursing.
Her professional interest lies in knowledge acquisition and sharing to ensure the advancement of the profession. To this end, Afua started teaching nursing in Ghana and also opted to become a preceptor and a mentor to her colleagues, both young and old in the profession when she started practicing in this country.
Afua believes her experiences in the profession have prepared her to help educate the nurses of the future.
- Post-Master's Certificate Course in Nursing Education, Rutgers, the State University
- M.S.N. Seton Hall University
- B.A. in Nursing, University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana
- Diploma in Nursing, Korle, Bu Nurses' Training College, Accra, Ghana
- Experiential Education Student Award, Seton Hall University Career Center, 2010.
- Catherine Denning Award, Seton Hall University College of Nursing, 2010.
- Member of the New York State Nurses Association.
- Member of the American Nurses Association.
- Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society.