Dr. Campbell is a Visiting Professor whose specialty area is Community Health Nursing.
Dr. Campbell's clinical nursing experience includes positions at: Bellevue Medical Center, Martland Medical Center, Visiting Nurse Association of New York, and the Department of Health in New York City. She is the author of numerous publications and is the trustee for the Visiting Nurse Association of New Jersey as well as for Health Research and Education. Dr. Campbell is also Delegate to the ANA House of Delegates and a member of the Steering Committee, Partners for Patients, HRET, NJHA, as well as Sigma Theta Tau.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Co-Chair of Robert Wood Johnson Foundation NJHI Call for Proposals Development, New Paths to Professional Nursing.
- NJSNA Delegate to ANA House of Delegates.
- Trustee, Visiting Nurse Association Health Group.
- Member of Steering Committee, Partnership for Patients, Health Research and Education Trust Board (HRET), New Jersey Hospital Association.
- Member of Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, National Advisory Committee New Jersey Health Initiatives.
- Member of Professional Advisory Committee, Visiting Nurse Association Health Group.
- Trustee, Health Research and Education Trust Board, New Jersey Hospital Association.
- D.N.Sc. University of Pennsylvania; Nursing Science
- M.Ed. Columbia University; Community Health Nursing
- B.S. Hunter College
- Emerita Member, American Public Health Association, 2013.
- NJPHA Sullivan Award, 2005.
- Presidential Excellence Award for Distinguished Service, Kean University, 2005.
- New Jersey Institute for Nursing "Diva" Award, 2002.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1999.
- Who's Who Among America's College Teachers, 1999 and 2001-2005.
- Nursing Education Award, Concerned Black Nurses of Newark, Inc., 1997.
- Distinguished Teacher Award, Alpha Sigma Lambda, Alpha Kappa Chapter, Kean College of New Jersey, 1995.
- Health and Education Service Award, Northern New Jersey Black Nurses Association, 1994.
- President's Service Proclamation Award, New Jersey Public Health Association, 1991.
- Superior Teaching Award, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, College of Nursing, EOF Program, 1989.
- Outstanding Achievement in Nursing Award, Black Nurses Association, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, College of Nursing, 1987.