Dr. Mesler has a special interest in teaching Pediatrics in the classroom and clinical area and Culture and Health.
Dr. Mesler loves nursing! She has been an adult medical/ surgical nurse, a school nurse and an adolescent psychiatric nurse. As a Nurse Practitioner, she has worked in college health and private practice. She also started and ran an immunization clinic for an inner-city, underprivileged population.
Dr. Mesler also loves teaching and teaches Pediatrics (Child Rearing), Culture and Health and Individual and Family Health across the Lifespan. She also enjoys teaching adult and psychiatric clinical course on occasion.
Her passion is teaching nursing students to become culturally competent practitioners. She is currently a doctoral student, working on a PhD in Health Sciences. Her dissertation is a comparative study of cultural competence curricula in baccalaureate nursing programs in New Jersey.
- Ph.D. Seton Hall University
- M.S.N. Seton Hall University; Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- B.S.N. Seton Hall University
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau, Gamma Nu.
- Member of American Nurses Association.
- Member of Transcultural Nursing Society.
- Member of National League for Nursing.
- Member of National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP), served as New Jersey Chapter President twice.
- Humanism in Nursing Award, 2005.