*Due to the government shutdown, this event has been cancelled.
Now in its 17th year, The Working Together program continues to promote the positive, ongoing relationship between the tax practitioner community and the IRS. The annual meeting, open to both IRS employees and the practitioner community, has become a "mark your calendar" event for many NJ tax professionals.
The intent is to engage in ongoing, meaningful dialogue aimed at improving our dealings with one another, thereby improving service to our common customer - the taxpayer public.
The Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies is pleased to once again host the annual Northern New Jersey Working Together Conference on Tuesday, January 8th. The conference for tax preparation professionals begins at 7:30 a.m. with registration and breakfast. The seminar runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and takes place on the Seton Hall campus at the University Center’s Main Lounge. Lunch is also included.
This conference is open to both IRS employees and the tax and accounting practitioner community.
- Discussion on audit technique guides
- Update on the 2017 data breach cases
- Discussion on current procedures for private debt collection, early initiatives on trust fund taxes, etc.
- Update from criminal investigations on emerging tax scams
- Hot topics such as tax law updates, ACA marketplace and more