The College of Human Development, Culture, and Media at Seton Hall offers a minor in Music Performance.
Music Performance Minor – 23 credits
A. Music Academics (11 credits)
- MUHI 1201 History of Western Musical Styles I* (3 credits)
- MUHI 1202 History of Western Musical Styles II* (3 credits)
- MUTH 2500 Theory of Music I (3 credits)
- MUTH 2501 Aural Skills I (1 credit)
- MUTH 2510 Theory of Music II (3 credits)
- MUTH 2511 Aural Skills II (1 credit)
* Prerequisites: MUTH 2500/2501 and MUTH 2510/2511
B. Primary Instrument (8 credits):
- MUAP 1011 Beginning Piano I
- MUAP 1131 Beginning Voice
- MUAP 2211 Private Piano Instruction (1 credit)
- MUAP 2231 Private Voice Instruction (1 credit)
- MUAP 3291 Private Brass Instruction (1 credit)
- MUAP 3391 Private Woodwinds Instruction (1 credit)
- MUAP 3491 Private Strings Instruction (1 credit)
- MUAP 3591 Private Percussion Instruction (1 credit)
- MUAP 3691 Private Organ Instruction (1 credit)
C. Ensemble (Select 4 credits):
- MUAP 1140 Concert Band (1 credit)
- MUAP 1141 Pep Band (1 credit)
- MUAP 1151 University Choir (1 credit)
- MUAP 1161 Chamber Choir (1 credit)
- MUAP 1183 Instrumental Chamber Ensemble (1 credit)
- MUAP 1211 Orchestra (1 credit)
- MUAP 1221 Jazz Ensemble (1 credit)
The faculty in our internationally recognized research and teaching programs are committed to guiding students to success. Seton Hall is a Catholic University where great thinkers do more than think. They teach.
Associate Professor of Music
Faculty Associate of Music
Assistant Professor and Director of Choral Activities
Experience Seton Hall. Visit Us Today.
As one of the country's leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall has been developing students in mind, heart and spirit since 1856. Home to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Seton Hall is a place that nurtures compassionate leaders who are prepared to make a difference in the world.
Seton Hall offers all the advantages of a large research university -a national reputation;challenging academic programs;notable alumni;state-of-the-art facilities;renowned faculty;and extensive opportunities for internships, research and scholarship -with all the benefits of a small, supportive and nurturing environment.
The best way to truly experience Seton Hall is to visit us in person.