Introduction to Critical Care Ultrasonography
April 22, 2023 | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Registration now open!
This is an introductory ultrasound course that will introduce the learner to use ultrasonographical examination to detect cardiac, pulmonary, vascular, and abdominal abnormalities. The course consists of a didactic presentation of the theory of ultrasonography and a hands-on experience in performing ultrasonographical examination techniques on standardized patients.
This course is designed for:
- Adult Gerontology -Acute Care Nurse Practitioner students
- Adult Gerontology -Acute Care Nurse Practitioner providers
- Physician Assistant students
- Physician Assistant providers
- Critical Care Physicians
Objectives for Seton Hall University Introductory to Critical Care Ultrasonography Course:
- Clearly articulate the multiple applications of ultrasonography in the hospitalized patient.
- Demonstrate the use of the high-quality portable bedside ultrasound machines to perform the ultrasonographic examination at the bedside of the critically ill patients of the heart, vessels, vessel access, abdomen and thorax (lungs and pleura).
- Review the image acquisition and interpretation of the ultrasonographic examinations of the heart, vessels, vessel access, abdomen and thorax (lungs and pleura).
- Describe ultrasonography as an extension of the standard physical examination because it permits the AG-ACNP to directly assess the anatomy and function of the body in a manner that complements the traditional physical examination.
- Define ultrasonography examination of the heart, vessels, vessel access, abdomen and thorax (lungs and pleura) as key elements of critical care sonography that has major utility for guidance of vascular access, thoracentesis, paracentesis, and pericardiocentesis.
Participants will be awarded 6 CEUs credits for participating in this course.
Spring 2023 Information
April 22, 2023
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
College of Nursing
Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus
123 Metro Blvd, Nutley, NJ 07110
Room 2216 and 2219
Check-in: Front Lobby starting at 8:30 a.m.
SHU employees: $700.00
External participants: $850.00
During the session participants will be learn the fundamentals of ultrasonography and given hands-on practical experience:
- Introduction to Critical Care Ultrasonography
- Physics of Ultrasonography
- Vascular Ultrasound
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Thoracic/Abdominal Ultrasound
- Hands-On Ultrasound Stations with Simulated Patients
Contact the Program
Seton Hall University College of Nursing is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (P#196-10/2021). The faculty have no conflict of interests or financial conflicts in hosting the Introduction to Critical Care Ultrasonography course.