At Seton Hall you can join other great minds who have a passion for finding solutions to complex problems. You'll learn from renowned faculty and build sought-after knowledge in topics like algorithms, data analytics, statistics and predictive modeling. You can pursue a career in industries like finance, telecommunications, actuarial studies, web design, news media, biotechnology or continue your education at a top graduate program. Our students have been admitted to prestigious programs at Rutgers, MIT, Princeton, Seton Hall and more.
Study Math at Seton Hall for the opportunity to:
- Learn from faculty who are experts in areas such as discrete math and graph theory, complex variables, differential equations, applied mathematics and statistics.
- Benefit from a strong emphasis on undergraduate research. Our students are true apprentice mathematicians, as they work extensively with faculty on groundbreaking research.
- Present your research at acclaimed academic settings like MIT and at national and international conferences — most times with Seton Hall paying all expenses.
- Gain real-world experience with internships at employers like the FBI, U.S. Department of Defense, Merck, Selective Insurance, J.P. Morgan Stanley and more.
- Enhance your education by also earning a Certificate in Data Visualization and Analysis. The skills you’ll learn are in high demand in industries like marketing, finance, insurance, health care and academia.
- Achieve success in a program where nearly 100% of students are employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
What Great Minds Can Do
Joshua Steier’s grant-funded research led to an internship and a job offer from the U.S Department of Justice.
From calculus to discrete mathematics to linear algebra, you'll study many topics in math, along with the core Arts and Sciences requirements. Students in the honors track also complete their own capstone research project, which leads to a thesis. In each classroom, you'll find like-minded students and Ph.D.-holding faculty members who are recognized for their research programs. Right now our department includes researchers who are exploring differential equations, analysis, and graph theory and combinatorics.
The Department of Mathematics faculty has published in a variety of mathematical fields, ranging from number theory to differential equations to graph theory and combinatorics. As recognized experts in these areas of mathematics, our faculty members consistently publish in top journals and present at the top conferences in the field. With small class sizes, faculty members take particular interest in sharing their work with students and encouraging them to explore the logical beauty of advanced mathematics.
Experience Seton Hall. Visit Us Today.
As one of the country's leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall has been developing students in mind, heart and spirit since 1856. Home to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Seton Hall is a place that nurtures compassionate leaders who are prepared to make a difference in the world.
Seton Hall offers all the advantages of a large research university - a national reputation; challenging academic programs; notable alumni; state-of-the-art facilities; renowned faculty; and extensive opportunities for internships, research and scholarship - with all the benefits of a small, supportive and nurturing environment.
The best way to truly experience Seton Hall is to visit us in person.