Pirate Battalion is one of three host universities in the state of New Jersey for Army ROTC and is headquartered at Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. This R.O.T.C. program encompasses 23 cross-town universities in northern New Jersey that contribute to the 100-strong Battalion of Cadets. We commission quality leaders of character and intellect every year and strive to be the best program in the nation.
The origins of today's Pirate Battalion can be traced back to the closing decade of the nineteenth century. Read more »
Pirate Battalion commission Cadets as leader of character committed to the Army Values and prepared to lead our Nation's sons and daughters as Soldiers in the United States Army.
To inspire all cadets for a career of professional excellence and service to the Nation
- Attract qualified, motivated personnel to become Pirate Cadets
- Educate Cadets on Army Values and Standards
- Train Cadets on Army Operations
- Coach Cadets to be Leaders of Soldiers
- Mentor Cadets to improve leadership skills, qualities and traits for betterment of our community
Commission Army Officers of character who lead our Army and Nation in the 21st century to good world standing among our Partner Nations.