In our efforts to continually find ways to improve and expedite our SafeRide program the Department of Public Safety is introducing a new mobile application, TapRide.
Follow the log in procedure using your SHU user name and ID then you will be ready to request a ride.
- Please make sure your phone’s location is turned on.
- Select SUBMIT A RIDE.
- You will see your location, select it for your pick up point, remember you must be within the SafeRide Zone, Select NEXT.
- You will see CHOOSE DROPOFF LOCATION, select a location within the Zone, then select NEXT.
- Choose HOW MANY PASSENGERS in your party. The default is 1, the maximum number is 6. If more than 6 an additional rider must request the ride from the same location for the remainder of the riders. Then select SUBMIT RIDE.
- “WAITING FOR DRIVER” will appear on your screen.
- The drivers are equipped with mobile tablets and will instantaneously receive the request.
- When the driver accepts your request you will receive this message: YOUR RIDE IS ON THE WAY.
- Once the driver accepts the request you will see a visual track of the vehicle as it responds to your location.
- The hours of operation remain the same, 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. daily.
- If you are having trouble connecting you still may call for ride by dialing (973) 761-7550.
- The quickest way to get a ride is to use TapRide.
- Wait times will vary depending on the number of requests in the queue.