Dr. Darby has her Certification as a Lamaze Childbirth Educator, Inpatient Obstetrics and in Electronic Fetal Monitoring. Her clinical specialty is in maternal newborn nursing, and her research interest is in simulation. Dr. Darby earned her Master of Science in Adult Health Nursing from Syracuse University and her Ph.D. in nursing education from Capella University.
- Ph.D. Capella University: Nursing Education
- M.S.N. Syracuse University: Adult Health Nursing
- B.S.N. Lycoming College
- "Traditional Chinese Medicine: A complement to conventional medicine for women’s health". Nursing for Women’s Health, 13(3), 298-206, June 2009
- "Pre- and perinatal care of Hispanic families: Implications for nurses". Nursing for Women’s Health, 11(2), 160-169, April 2007
- Army Commendation Medal for Superior Job Performance.
- National Defense Service Medal for military service during the Persian Gulf War.
- Army Service Ribbon Recipient.
- Army Superior Unit Award as an Army Nurse.
- Inducted into Phi Kappa Phi, Golden Key Honor Society and the National Scholars Honor Society as a Ph.D. student.
- Certified in Lamaze, Inpatient Obstetrics, and Electronic Fetal Monitoring.
- Member of Lamaze International.
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society of Nursing, Gamma Nu Chapter.