Dr. Patricia Ricci-Allegra is an Assistant Professor in the Graduate Department. Her professional nursing career spans over 30 years with experience in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. Dr. Ricci-Allegra is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and holds certification from the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board in both acute and primary care. Dr. Ricci-Allegra was a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation New Jersey Nursing Scholar and received her PhD at Seton Hall University. Her doctoral research explored the relationships among spiritual perspective, mindfulness, and spiritual care of hospice and palliative nurses. Dr. Ricci-Allegra is a Certified Nurse Educator and was chosen by Seton Hall University’s graduate nursing students to receive the Daisy Faculty Award in 2017.
- Ph.D., Seton Hall University
- M.S.N., Seton Hall University
- B.S.N., Seton Hall University
- Ricci-Allegra, P. (in-press). Spiritual perspective, mindfulness, and spiritual care of hospice and palliative nurses. Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing.
- Taylor, E. J., Mamier, I., Ricci-Allegra, P., & Foith, J. (2017). Self-reported frequency of nurse provided spiritual care. Applied Nursing Research, 35, 30-35.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation New Jersey Nursing Scholar, 2011
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Member of Gamma Nu Chapter