I have been teaching full-time at Seton Hall University since 1988. I love teaching and feel that it never gets "old" for me. My research interests focus on the connections between literature and theology. I am also interested in service learning. I serve on the Board of Advisors for the Catholic Studies Program and have taught and created courses for that program (cross-listed with English). I have co-taught the Catholic Studies course, Foundations of Christian Culture, in Oxford, England, along with Msgr. Richard Liddy, Dr. Dermot Quinn, and Fr. Ian Boyd.
- Ph.D., Drew University
- M.A., Seton Hall University
- B.A., Kean College of New Jersey
- "Cupid and Psyche" . Mythic Circle #34, 21, January 2012.
- "C. S. Lewis' Till We Have Faces and the Transformation of Love."
Logos, Volume 14:4, Fall 2011, 92-115, September 2011.
"Book Review of "The Ring and the Cross, Christianity and the Lord of the Rings," editor Paul E. Kerry." VII An Anglo-American Literary Review, volume 28, January 2011.
"Dorothy Day" and "George Bernanos." Thirties in America. Salem Encyclopedia. "Salem Press", 2011.
"Julian of Norwich: Journey of Faith". Second Spring, International Journal of Faith and Culture, 9, May 2008.
"Images of the Messiah and of Salvation in Lewis, Tolkien, and Williams." The Chesterton Review, January 2008.
- "Dante's Divine Comedy, Augustine's Confessions, and the Redemption of Beauty."
Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought and Culture, 10(1), 32- 56, January 2007.
"Tolkien's Females and the Defining of Power." (Book Chapter) In Harold Bloom (Ed.), " J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings," New Edition, NY: Chelsea Press, January 2007.
- "Dante and the Scandals of a Beloved Church." Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought and Culture, 7(4), 17- 36, October 2004.
- "Confront & Forgive." Commonwealth Magazine, September 2017.
- McQuaid Medal for Distinguished Service from Seton Hall University, 2015