I have been a Physician Assistant for almost 20 years and a PA educator for the last 10. I have practiced in a number of clinical settings over the years. I joined Seton Hall University in 2006 and currently teach in the Physician Assistant Program. I am an active speaker, researcher, and author. My areas of interest include curriculum development, assessment and design, web-based education, generational differences in the workplace, achievement goal motivation, and cultural diversity in medicine and education and study skills development. I serve on the editorial board of the Journal of Physician Assistant Education. Currently, I am contracted to write two textbooks for FA Davis, an internal medicine board review book/software and pharmacology textbook. Along with my colleague, Dr. Denise Rizzolo, also a PA program faculty member, I am conducting a study titled Characteristic Associated with Hepatic Steatosis (Fatty Liver) in Primary Care Patients.
- PhD, Walden University
- MS, AT Still University
- BS, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center-Dallas
- "Patient-Centered Pharmacology: Learning System for the Conscientious Prescriber"
F. A. Davis Company, 2013
- "Addressing generational Issues in healthcare organizations"
ACHE Congress, Chicago, August 2011
- Age related conflicts; The generational divide
Health Progress, 29- 35, July 2011
- The millenials are here; What has your organization done to address the generational tensions?
ACHE Congress, Chicago, September 2010
- Surviving generational differences
Georgia Hospital Association, Atlanta, August 2010
"Managing the Adverse effects of Bishosphonate Theraphonthejaw"
Journal of American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAAPA), 22(11), November 2009
"Understanding the Link Between HPV and Oropharyngeal Cancers"
Journal of African Academy of Physician Assistants, 22(10), October 2009
- Generational jeopardy
Garden State Focus, NJ Chapter Healthcare Financial Management Association, V 56,3, August 2009
Clinician Reviews, 19(6), 26- 30, June 2009
- Provost's Faculty Scholarship Award. Journal Publication, Seton Hall University, 2008
- American Academy of Physician Assistants, Distinguished Fellow, 2009
- Alpha Eta, Seton Hall University, 2009
- Pi Alpha, Seton Hall University, 2007
- Physician Assistant Faculty of the Year, Kettering College of Medical Arts, 2001.