Professor Mildred Kenney-Lau joined the College of Nursing in 2016. Her expertise includes Pediatric and Neonatal Nursing. Professor Kenney-Lau is a board certified Pediatric and Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. Prior to joining Seton Hall, she worked as a Nurse Practitioner in Neonatal Intensive Care Units, as well as taught at the University of Pennsylvania. Professor Kenney-Lau is currently pursuing her PhD, with a research focus on breastmilk expression in mothers of premature infants.
She is a member of the American Nurses Association, Eastern Nursing Research Society, National Association of Neonatal Nurses, Sigma Theta Tau, Gamma Nu Chapter, and the Gold Key Honor Society.
- Post-Master's Certificate, University of Pennsylvania
- MSN, University of Pennsylvania
- BSN, Widener University
- BS, Ursinus College
- Kenney-Lau, M.M. (2014). A Guide for Supporting NICU Graduates and Their Families in Early Development, Pediatric Nursing, 40(1), 46-47.
- Kenney-Lau, M. & Steele, C. (April 2007). Umbilical line Placement and Removal. AACN Procedure Manual, Elsevier Publishing Company: Philadelphia, PA.
- Kenney-Lau, M. M. (2016, September). Increasing Understanding of Maternal Breast Milk Expression for Premature Infants. Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science 2016 State of the Science Congress on Nursing Research, Washington, DC.
- Gamma Nu Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau Research Grant Award (April, 2015)