Dr. Carrington worked as a nurse in the clinical setting for 36 years before coming to Seton Hall University, College of Nursing as a Professor. She specialized in Maternity Nursing, NICU, and Pediatric Nursing. She received the Excellence in Caring Award while at St. Barnabas Medical Center. Dr. Carrington is a Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner as well as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
Dr. Carrington strongly believes that nurses must pursue lives of perpetual learning. Having received her nursing degrees later in her career, she epitomizes the concept of life-long learning.
Dr. Carrington uses her skills to assist new mothers and their children in the underserved population at Raphael’s Life House.
Dr. Carrington was given the high honor of giving the Keynote Address at the Nursing Convocation in 2015, where she shared her dedication to life- long learning and servant leadership with the next generation of nurses.
- D.N.P. Seton Hall University
- M.S.N. Seton Hall University
- B.S.N. Seton Hall University
- A.A.S. Felician College
- Poster Presentation at the 2016 Reinkemeyer Research Day- “Analyze the outcome of a project to improve mother-baby care at an urban transitional housing site”
- Perinatal Health Education Intervention Program for Adolescent and Young Adult Pregnant Homeless Women Living in Transitional Housing, and Best Practices Teaching Intervention Program for Staff Responsible for Care of the Mother- baby Dyad- Final Project
- QSEN Faculty Development Presentation for College of Nursing Faculty
- Servant Leader in a Global Society Award- Seton Hall University
- Experiential Education Award – Seton Hall University
- Daisy Award- Given by students- Seton Hall University
- Excellence in Nursing Award- St. Barnabas Medical Center