Alisa Hindin specializes in literacy development and instruction. Her research interests include teacher preparation in literacy, home-school partnerships and literacy, reading fluency, struggling readers, and family literacy. Her most recent research examines the relationship between a home reading intervention and children's reading performance. Dr. Hindin works with teachers and families to improve children's home and school reading experiences and to build stronger connections between the home and school.
- Ed.D., Boston University, 2001
- MA, Tufts University, 1993
- BA, George Washington University, 1992
- "Utilizing self-assessment and supervisors' assessment to enrich understanding of teacher candidates' performance in the field". Teacher Education and Practice, 25(3), 442-457., January 2012
- "An analysis of the factors that influence preservice elementary teachers' developing dispositions about teaching all children". Issues in Teacher Education. Education, 20(1), 17-35., February 2011
- Learning for all: Inquiry into transfer theory at a PDS. In I. Guadarrama, J. Ramsey, & J. Nath (Eds.). Investigating University School Partnerships: A volume of research in professional development schools (pp. 209-232). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing, Inc., March 2010
- Linking home and school: Teacher candidates' believes and experiences.
- "An examination of preservice teachers' development of dispositions and the factors that influence them". The School Community Journal, 20(2), 73-90., March 2010
- Meaning making with special education students (Book Chapter)
In C. C. Morocco, C. M. Aguilar & C. J. Bershad (Au.), Supported Literacy for Adolescents: Transforming Teaching and Content Learning for the 21st Century, July 2008
- Linking Theory and Practice: Teaching Methods Classes in Professional Development Schools (Book Chapter)
In I. Guadarrama, J. Ramsey, J. Nath (Eds.), University and School Connections: Research Studies In Professional Development Schools, Information Age Publishing, May 2008
- "Measuring Social Consciousness: Using Multiples of Evidence to Examine Teacher Dispositions", Journal of Ethnographic Qualitative Research, 2, 129- 137, April 2008
- "Supporting young children's literacy learning through home-school partnerships: The Effectiveness of a Home Repeated-Reading Intervention", Journal of Literacy Research, 39(3), 307- 333, April 2007