Renee M. Cicchino is the Assistant Director of Instructional Design at Seton Hall University's Teaching, Leaning and Technology Center. Although her primary focus is supporting faculty in the development of online and hybrid courses; she manages special projects and initiatives for the TLT Center. Renee is a Quality Matters Master Reviewer; a graduate of the Institute for Emerging Leadership in Online Learning through Penn State and the Online Learning Consortium and earned a Certificate in Online Teaching through the OLC.
She stays current with online and hybrid course trends by serving as a Mentor in the Online Teaching Certificate Program (OLC) and serves on several external online and hybrid course review committees for Quality Matters. Since 1994, Renee has taught both face-to-face and online courses for the College of Communication and the Arts at Seton Hall and currently teaches Communication Ethics (online). For several years, she taught communication courses (online) for Thomas Edison State College.
In addition to her academic interests, Renee is a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, Emergency First Response Instructor and avid diver. She teaches the scuba diving course through the Department of Educational Studies at Seton Hall University.
"From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free." — Jacques Yves Cousteau, Oceanographer
- M.A. Seton Hall University
- Streamline Online & Hybrid Course Development without Sacrificing Quality!
- Facilitating Online Course Development in Blackboard: Resources and Strategies
- Working as an ID:Professional Practice in Higher Education
- With Seton Hall’s Course Template, All Faculty Are Champions
- Building Champions: an Online Course Development & Teaching Program for Faculty
- Building Champions: an Online Course Development & Teaching Program for Faculty (Conference)
- Using Course Templates in Blackboard to Facilitate Online Course Development
- Course Templates in Blackboard to Facilitate Online Course Development
- Teaching Online: A Practical Guide
- Using a Template to Assist Faculty in Online Course Development (Conference)
- Using a Template to Assist Faculty in Online Course Development
- Getting the Best Out of Your Faculty with a Course Template (Conference)
Using a Template to Assist Faculty in Online Course Development (Webinar)
MAGNA Publications, National Online Webinar
- Creating a Quality Online Business Ethics Course
- Getting the Best Out of Your Faculty with a Course Template
- Using a Course Template based on the Quality Matters Rubric to Enrich Online Courses
- Quality Matters: Providing a Consistent Program wide Learning Environment for Online Students
- Quality Matters!
- Tabelt PC's: A Powerful Teaching Tool
- Super Size It: Large Course Redesign at Seton Hall University
- Best in Track: Leadership, Values and Society, "Women in Online Higher Education Leadership Roles: Strategies for Professional Development and Success," Online Learning Consortium 20th Annual International Conference, Orlando, Florida, 2014
- Alumni Advisory Board Co-Chair: Institute for Engaged Leadership in Online Learning, 2013-15
- Program Advisory Board: The Teaching Professor Technology Conference: Magna Publications, Atlanta, GA, 2013-15
- Mentor, Online Teaching Certificate Program: The Sloan Consortium, Needham, MA 2011
- The Institute for Emerging Leadership in Online Learning (certificate) October 2009, Penn State & The Sloan Consortium
- Quality Matters™ Institutional Representative, 2009
- Quality Matters™ Certified Master Reviewer, 2009
- Online Teaching Certificate, August 2008, The Sloan Consortium, Needham, MA
- 10th year Service Award: Seton Hall University, October 2007
- Emergency First Responder Instructor, 2006
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, 2005
- Female Diver of the Year - 2004 awarded by 'On the Bottom Dive Club', Blue Water Divers, NJ.
- Certificate in Information Technology, May 2002, Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ
- 2004 Outstanding Service Award awarded by the Department of Social Work, Seton Hall University, NJ.
- 1999 Spirit of Excellence, awarded by St. Barnabas Health Care System for customer relations/service.
- Silver Medal, 1993 Seton Hall University Summer Catalog Cover Design, awarded by New Jersey Electronic Pre-Press Society.
- Certificate of Excellence, 1993 Seton Hall University Summer Catalog, awarded by New Jersey Electronic Pre-Press Society.