Dr. Maglione, Director of Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program, has been practicing as a nurse practitioner for over twenty five years. She is a board certified Adult Nurse Practitioner that began her nursing career as a critical care nurse at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA. Prior to coming to Seton Hall, Dr. Maglione served as the Director of the Drew University Student Health Service in Madison NJ where she spearheaded clinical research in the development of the HPV vaccine. She previously served on the Executive Board of the NJ College Health Association. More recently she has combined both nurse practitioner and faculty positions teaching at both didactic and clinical settings at the undergraduate and graduate level. Her area of interest is health promotion and primary care of the young adult. Dr. Maglione maintains a practice providing primary care to vulnerable populations in Barnegat, NJ.
- Ph.D., New York University
- MSN, Seton Hall University
- BSN, Villanova University
Maglione, J.L., & Hayman, L.L. (2009). Correlates of physical activity in low income college students. Research in Nursing & Health, 32. 634-646.
- Eastern Nursing Research Society, Philadelphia, PA March, 2008. Psychosocial Correlates of Physical Activity in Low Income College Students
- Society of Behavioral Medicine, San Diego, CA March, 2008. Psychosocial Correlates of Physical Activity in Low Income College Students
Podium Presentations Panel Discussion:
- Vaccine Controversies, Drew University Office of Student Activities, March, 2012
- NYU Langone Medical Center, 12th Annual Research and Evidence Based Nursing Practice Conference
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- NJ College Health Association Nursing Excellence Award
- Bear Doctoral Student Scholarship Award, New York University
- Sigma Theta Tau Doctoral Student Scholarship Award
- Morris County Prosecutor’s Appreciation Award for Development of the Morris County Sexual Assault Response Team Program