How Do I Apply?
Complete our online application.
Deadlines for program admission are May 1st for the fall semester and November 1st for the spring semester. In order for your application to be considered for admission, all the required documents listed below must be received by the deadlines.
When Will You Make a Decision on My Application?
About a month before the admissions deadline for each semester, we will begin to invite qualified applicants to campus for an interview with program faculty. Following their interview, applicants should receive a decision within two weeks.
Additional Required Documents
- Official transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate work.
- Acceptable scores on the Graduate Records Exam (taken within the last 5 years). Psychology subtest not required.
- Three letters of recommendation, one should be from a person who can attest to the candidate's ability to interact with others, fit with the counseling profession, and capacity for graduate study (e.g., prior clinical supervisor).
- Personal statement, which includes a description of prior related work experience, qualifications, goals for self in the program, and professional goals.
- A resume
- A personal interview
- $75 application fee
Admissions Criteria and Prerequisites
- Candidates for admission must have earned their undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Prior study in psychology is not required.
- Applications are reviewed based on the entire application package; there are no fixed requirements for previous grades or test scores.