Dear Seton Hall Parents,
We are delighted to serve as chairs of Seton Hall’s 2013-14 Parents Leadership Council (PLC). It is our way to be servant leaders and to thank the University for preparing our daughter to take her place in the world.
The mission of the Seton Hall Parents Leadership Council is to enhance communication between the University and the parents/guardians of Seton Hall students; collaborate with the University in developing programs which will enhance the learning and living environments on campus; and serve as ambassadors by promoting and enhancing the University both nationally and internationally.
Parents Leadership Council members are parents of current and former Seton Hall students who work together to further the mission of Seton Hall University.
Appointed by Seton Hall University, PLC members are committed to:
- supporting Seton Hall University with a minimum annual gift of $2,500 to the Parents Fund for Seton Hall, which directly benefits current students through an enhanced experience;
- communicating with current parents about the importance of giving to the Parents Fund for Seton Hall;
- leading and recruiting parent volunteers;
- hosting receptions, summer send-offs and other parent events;
- calling and meeting with parents from the same geographic area to support development and admission goals; and
- attending meetings regularly and communicating feedback and ideas to Seton Hall’s senior administration.
We support Seton Hall’s Parents Fund as members of the PLC because we know that giving at the leadership level is a way to provide a solid foundation for the experiences that will make our children’s years on campus such a rich and vibrant time in their lives. In recognition of all that our students will gain as Pirates, we hope that you will consider joining us in making a leadership level gift of $2,500 or more to the Parents Fund this year.
If you want to become a PLC member, please complete the PLC application. Help us support Seton Hall University and its foremost objective, the education of our children through a broad array of excellent academic and professional programs. If you have any questions, please call Sandro Tejada, director of SHU Parents Program at 973-378-2635 or email him at email@example.com.
2013-14 Parents Leadership Council Chairs
L to R: Monica, Vincent, Mary Meg and Mary Donnelly