The University provides specific services to faculty to promote and support the effective use of technology to enhance teaching and learning including the services of the Teaching, Learning, and Technology (TLT) Center and internal grant programs.
The TLT Center hires an Instructional Design staff to support and consult with faculty in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of instructional technology. The Instructional Designers serve as a primary point of contact for all faculty technology projects. Each Instructional Designer is assigned to specific departments, Schools and Colleges within the University. View the current list of Instructional Design Liaison Assignments »
Some common instructional design requests include, but are not limited to:
- Development of Online and Hybrid Courses
- Creation or Location of Multimedia Materials
- Management of Large Enrollment Classes
- Utilization of Social Media and Web 2.0 Tools
- Integration of Mobile Devices and Apps
- Development and Application of Simulations
- Exploration of Immersive Learning Environments
In addition, a number of University supported instructional applications are available for implementation in a variety of course delivery formats. These include the Blackboard learning management system, collaboration and communication tools including blogs and wikis, assessment and lecture capture tools. The links below provide more detailed information about the tools available to support teaching and learning.