By accepting possession of the computer, peripherals and software (equipment), I agree to the following terms and conditions:
This agreement covers the period from the date signed below through the lease end date of my employment term.
Throughout the agreement, I shall use the equipment in accordance with the Seton Hall University policies on the appropriate use of computer resources. I do not own the equipment; I have a “license” to use it only. I shall not permit any other person to process or use this equipment. Commercial use of this equipment is prohibited.
- I understand that this equipment belongs to the University.
- I understand that should my employment status change, the equipment must be returned to the Division of Information Technology.
- I understand that I will be asked to check-in my laptop periodically throughout the academic year, and that I will be notified of the check-in details via University e-mail.
- If something happens with the laptop, PCSS will attempt to retrieve any data that is stored on the hard drive but data may not be retrievable. I understand that I am responsible for storing my data and for backing it up to alternate media.
- I understand that any incidents of loss, theft, or damage must be reported to the University as soon as possible, but no later than 48 hours after the incident. All repairs must be made through PC Support Services.
The University hereby disclaims all express and implied warranties, including, without limitation, the implied warranties relating to the equipment merchantability and fitness for a particular use. I agree to accept the equipment “as is.” In no event shall the University be liable for any incidental, special, indirect, or consequential damage of whatever nature arising out of any claim alleging the University's failure to perform its obligations under which this agreement or its alleged breach of any duty.