What is DyKnow?
DyKnow classroom management software facilitates content delivery and collaboration via DyKnow Vision and administrative tasks such as attendance and blocking non-curricular applications via DyKnow Monitor. Faculty members can either import a prepared PowerPoint file into a DyKnow session, or work from a series of blank panels. Students can annotate the presentation and save a copy for review.
DyKnow Vision supports collaboration via multiple tools, including Polling, Student Status updates, Panel Collection and Share Control.
- Polling allows students to respond to multiple choice questions, the faculty member can quickly create a pie-chart to share the results.
- Student Status feature allows students to self-report their current level of understanding via a green / yellow / red analogy. This information is reported to the instructor as a pie chart for quick reference.
- Panel Collection allows the faculty member to collect student work during class for review.
- Share Control allows faculty members to temporarily allow one students screen to be shared with the entire class.
DyKnow Monitor supports administrative tasks such as taking attendance, blocking non-curricular applications, monitoring student screens, and transfer files to students’ computers.
- Attendance can be recorded at any point during a class session, and either saved to the DyKnow server or printed to a virtual printer for a local record. Attendance data saved to the DyKnow server can be downloaded as an excel file.
- Non-curricular applications and URLs can be blocked during a DyKnow session. A white-list of applications can be defined for individual classes so that students will be able to utilize approved applications.
- Real-time monitoring of student screens is possible for either an individual student or an overview of each student in the class.
- File Transfer allows the faculty member to quickly distribute a file from their laptop to each student in the DyKnow session.