The TLTC oversees and maintains technology specific rooms that are available to the University in support of special academic programs, hosting events or conducting meetings that have a special technology requirement. All of the rooms are located on the first floor of the Walsh Library.
The Beck Rooms
Great space to hold mid-size events or special academic programs with ample seating for 70. When requested or required, the room can be divided into two separate rooms, Section AB or Section C.
- Beck Room AB - This is the larger section, and can be reserved for events/special programs with ample seating for 40. The room is equipped with a podium, sound system with nine ceiling mounted speakers, up to 4 microphone capability, 10 foot electrical projection screen, two 6 foot pull down projection screens, 3 white boards, LCD projector, cassette recorder/player, DVD/VCR player, campus cable TV access, wireless connectivity, and 3 network ports.
- Beck Room C - This is the smaller section and can be reserved for small type events and meetings with ample seating for 20. The room is equipped with 1 white board, one 6 foot pull down screen, LCD projector, wall mounted speakers, and 1 network port.
Guidelines for requesting the Beck Rooms
- Customers who wish to reserve a room must be affiliated with or sponsored by a department, administrator or faculty member of Seton Hall University and must adhere to the policy and procedures set forth in the TLTC End User agreement. Please print and return to TLTC-Media Services via mail or by fax to (973) 761-7942.
- Due to high demand, the Beck Rooms are not intended for regularly-scheduled, recurring classes.
- The library schedule changes throughout the semester based on staffing and academic need, customers are encouraged to consult the Walsh Library website for the most up to date building schedule.
- Events starting prior to the official library hours or ending after the library is officially closed, must submit a request to email@example.com to have a guard posted at the library doors. Please note: There is a charge for this service.
- In cases where additional personnel, equipment or services is requested, charges may apply and are payable in advance.
- To check for availability or to request the Beck Rooms please use the University Scheduler
Interactive Television Classroom (ITV)
This is a video conference facility and classroom. The room is equipped with technology necessary to conduct and participate in two way, real time communication. The room is operated via a Crestron control panel and equipped with an IP Polycom video conference unit, 1 instructor camera, 1 classroom camera, three LCD monitors, LCD projector, multi-regional VCR, recording VCR, DVD player, Smypodium, instructor station, ceiling mounted document camera, 1 whiteboard, 10 foot electrical screen, 5 ceiling mounted microphones. This is room is also equipped with digital lecture capture equipment. The maximum seating capacity is 32 with 16 movable tables arranged in lecture style seating. Power is located around the perimeter of the room and access to the SHU network obtained over secured wireless.There is a cost associated with using the videoconferencing equipment in the ITV classroom and advance planning is required.
To make arrangements and to reserve the ITV classroom for a video conference, please contact Eva M Gale, Assistant Director of the TLTC-Media Services, either via e-mail to, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (973) 761-9522.
In addition to the TLT Center spaces PC Support Services maintains public computer labs throughout the campus. The labs are equipped with state of the art desktop computers, networked printers and mobile stations. The labs are open for general use and may be reserved by faculty and administrator for classroom use or on-campus events.