FIRST YEAR FOUNDATIONS OF LEADERSHIP
A six week, cohort style program for first year students to connect to each other
and develop essential leadership skills. The program integrates StrengthsQuest
and the structure is provided by Kouzes &Posner's 10 Truths of Leadership.
Each week students will explore various leadership concepts through interactive
activities and reflection.There are three different session times to accommodate
a variety of schedules. Register at >>HTTP://BIT.LY/FYFL_SHU
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
This is a flexible, workshop based program that aims to develop participant's
leadership skills as it pertains to their role in an organization (student or
professional). The program is open to ALL STUDENTS, regardless of campus
involvement, and can be completed in as little as one semester or as long as
two years. Students will attend 3 core workshops and 3 elective workshops which
will each be offered multiple times per year to allow for maximum flexibility.
Register for this program at >>HTTP://BIT.LY/OLP_SHU
All workshops will be held in the FACULTY LOUNGE on the 2nd Floor of the University Center.
- Tuesday, September 16 | 3:30p.m. – 4:30p.m. | Stages of Group Development
- Wednesday, September 17 | 3:30p.m. – 4:30p.m. | Intro to Organizational Leadership
- Friday, September 26 | 10a.m. – 11a.m. | Focus on Yourself
- Wednesday, October 1 | 5p.m. – 6p.m. | Values Identity & Decision Making
- Tuesday, October 7 | 3:30p.m. – 4:30p.m. | Introduction to Organizational Leadership
- Friday, October 17 | 10a.m. – 11a.m. | Stages of Group Development
- Tuesday, October 21 | 3:30p.m. – 4:30p.m. | Running an Effective Meeting
- Wednesday, October 22 | 5p.m. – 6p.m. | Facilitation Skills
- Tuesday, October 28 | 3:30p.m. – 4:30p.m. | Introduction to Organizational Leadership
- Friday, November 7 | 10a.m. – 11a.m. | Focus on Yourself
- Tuesday, November 11 | 3:30p.m. – 4:30p.m. | Professional Etiquette
- Wednesday, November 12 | 5p.m. – 6p.m. | Goal Setting and Measuring Success
- Tuesday, November 18 | 3:30p.m. – 4:30p.m. | Focus on Yourself
- Wednesday, November 19 | 5p.m. – 6p.m. | Stages of Group Development
- Wednesday, December 3 | 5p.m. – 6p.m. | Emotional Intelligence
This is an invitation only pilot program that will be facilitated and managed by a
committee of administrators responsible for leadership development on campus.
Students will meet once per month with Deans and outside guests for discussion
and reflection. The goal of this program is to invite highly involved, senior
student leaders to begin to transition their Seton Hall experience into their future
roles as leaders in the professional world. E-mail Maggie Bach at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.