The Office of Leadership Development welcomes all first year students to participate in the Freshmen Leadership Institute (FLI). FLI is a multi-dimensional leadership program geared toward first year students who are looking to broaden and enhance their leadership skills while networking with leaders from across the Seton Hall community. The FLI will begin its yearlong event schedule with an initial meeting on September 16, 2011. Meetings will then be held every other Friday for the duration of the academic year. Members of the FLI will work together throughout the year, and will have the opportunity to attend workshops and programs designed to enhance skill levels associated skills will support the activities and goals of FLI members throughout their college career at Seton Hall and well beyond graduation.
What is the Freshmen Leadership Institute?
A new program directed to freshmen leaders looking for an opportunity to join a select group of student leaders and network across campus as well as build their leadership resume.
What are the benefits of participating in the Freshmen Leadership Institute?
- Gain a stronger understanding of, and have exposure to, all leadership opportunities on campus.
- Enhance leadership skills and abilities in order to be successful in other leadership opportunities.
- Establish and build a relationship network with student leaders, administrators and faculty across campus.
- Articulate a way in which you can apply what you have learned through FLI to your leadership practices.
- Recognition of this prestigious leadership role at the Annual Leadership Awards Ceremony.
- Ability to serve in leadership roles and participate in the planning and implementation of campus wide programs such as the Student Leadership Conference and Annual Leadership Awards.
Apply to be a part of the 2011-2012 Freshmen Leadership Institute »
For more information on the Freshmen Leadership Institute, please contact us via email at LEADtheway@shu.edu or call The Office of Leadership Development (part of the Department of Community Development and Dean of Students Office) at (973) 275-2937.
Freshmen Leadership Institute Schedule for 2011 - 2012September 16, 2011
– Meet & Greet/First Gathering
September 30, 2011
– Five Practices of Exemplary Student Leadership
October 14, 2011
– Leadership at SHU (Exploring leadership opportunities at SHU)
October 28, 2011
– Goal Setting
November 11, 2011
– Leadership & Civic Engagement: Exploring Selfless Service
December 2, 2011
– Who’s in the Room? (Diversity Awareness and Sensitivity)
January 20, 2012
– Leadership in Practice (An intro to the next 5 areas of leadership)
February 3, 2012
– Model the Way (Leading by Example)
February 17, 2012
– Inspiring Vision
March 2, 2012
– Challenge the Process
March 23, 2012
– Enabling Others to Act
April 13, 2012
– Encouraging the Heart
April 27, 2012
May 4, 2012
– Annual Leadership Awards Ceremony