The Payroll Department is located in Bayley Hall, Room 10.Basics on Student Time Sheets
Below are some points of information students need to know to insure that their time sheets are processed without delay.
Federal Compliance Requirements
- Timesheets are now completed and submitted online through the new Kronos system. To learn about how to complete and submit your timesheet please access the Kronos Student time and attendance tutorial by clicking here.
- To access your timesheet please click here.
- Once on the Kronos page please located and click on the "my information tab" and scroll to "my timecard".
- Begin entering your name, ID number and time worked.
- Once you've completed your online timesheet please submit it you your supervisor for approval.
- Late time sheets should be turned in as soon as possible. If submitted within one week of the original due date, it will be processed in the next scheduled pay period. If a late time sheet is submitted with a current time sheet, the late time sheet will be held for review and processed in the following pay period.
- Hours issued in one week may only be made up if you do not exceed the maximum of twenty hours in a week.
Because the Student Employment Program is a form of official employment, students are held to the same federal labor guidelines as all employees of the University. Federal Labor Laws dictate certain aspects of the Student Employment Program. Some of the more common are as follows:
- Employees are required to take a minimum 1/2 hour break after 5 hours of work. For example, a student working from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., with a one-hour lunch break would look like this: 9a - 12:30p (3.5), 1:30p - 5p (3.5) total = 7
- Students must sign out for all breaks.
- Students are not eligible for unemployment benefits as they are classified part-temporary employees, a non-eligible category and they do not make contributions to the state unemployment insurance fund.
- Students are not eligible for holiday or overtime pay.
- Students may only be paid for the actual hours worked. No additional hours may be added for any reason.
- Students must submit time sheets based on the time sheet schedule provided.