Public Lab Reservation Policy
The Public Lab Reservation Policy outlines the terms and conditions for using a public computer lab as a teaching or meeting space. Please see the guidelines for reserving a public lab listed below.
- Public Labs can only be reserved for actual instruction time involving the use of the lab computers. Labs may not be reserved as an alternative lecture location or for the completion of homework.
- The use of the Public Computer Labs is free to faculty and administrators for classroom instruction.
- PC Support Services cannot reserve any of the public labs for outside organizations. Only Seton Hall University related events and organizations can be accommodated.
- Reservation requests must be made within our public labs hours of operation which can be found here.
- A representative of the group or organization making the reservation must be present during the reservation (in the case of a class related reservation, this must be the professor.) If a representative does not appear by fifteen minutes after the schedule time, the reservation will be considered canceled, and the lab will be opened for general use.
- Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis. Reservation requests should be submitted at least 48 hours before the session. Cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- All lab policies and procedures must be abided by during the session.
If you have any questions about reservations or the Public Lab Reservation Policy, contact PC Support Services via e-mail at PCPublicLabs@shu.edu.
Reserving a Public Lab
To reserve a public lab, please e-mail PCPublicLabs@shu.edu with the following information:
- Name of public lab that you are requesting
- Name of the event or class
- Date and time that is requested
- Instructor's name
- Special software requirements
- Number of attendees
- Will guest accounts need to be created for any attendees to access desktops?
- If yes, please provide the names and phone numbers of such person(s) within 5 days of the scheduled start date so that guest accounts can be created prior to your event.
- Any other pertinent information
June 16, 2008