In order to keep technology current at Seton Hall, the Mobile Computing Program was developed using a refresh model where the laptops and tablets issued through the program are replaced with a new model laptops and tablets after a specific period of time.
- All full-time faculty are eligible for laptop refresh every three years.
- All contact regarding refresh will be communicated through the University e-mail system.|
- An e-mail will be sent out with a link to an appointment database where faculty can select a refresh appointment date and time.
- Faculty laptop refresh will take place during the summer months of June and July.
- Faculty member must transfer any files they want to keep from their current laptop or tablet to another storage device (i.e., external hard drive, CD/DVD, flash drive, Blackboard Content System,etc.) prior to the refresh appointment.
- Faculty who are not able to attend the Faculty Laptop Refresh sessions will be asked to contact the Asset Management Office to schedule a make-up session.
Adjunct faculty are issued a two year old model laptop. Adjunct
faculty are required to refresh their laptop every year.
- All adjunct faculty must refresh the laptop every year.
- All contact regarding refresh will be communicated through the University e-mail system.
- An e-mail will be sent out with directions regarding how to schedule a refresh appointment.
- Adjunct faculty are responsible for transferring their own
data from the old laptop / tablet to the new one. If assistance is
needed, the adjunct faculty member is advised to visit the Laptop
Consultation Area in Corrigan Hall prior to his or her refresh
- Adjunct Faculty laptop refresh will take place during the summer months of June and July.
November 11, 2008