- The purpose of this policy is to define the “at will” employment relationship between the University and its at will employees.
|at will,at will employment,employment,employment relatiosnhip||At Will Employment|
- Seton Hall requires that all full and part-time, permanent and temporary faculty (including adjunct faculty), administrators and bargaining and non-bargaining unit staff consent to an appropriate background check prior to employment with the University, as well as prior to promotion or transfer within the University.
|background check,policy,procedure,counsel,provost||Background Check Policy|
- Conflict of interest and commitment policy for officers and employees of Seton Hall University.
|administrative,announcement,conflict,conflict of commitment,conflict of interest,statement||Conflict of Interest and Commitment Policy|
- This policy establishes a drug-free workplace program that balances our respect for individuals with the need to maintain an alcohol and drug free environment.
|alcohol,alcoholic beverages,controlled substances,drug-free,drug-free schools and communities act,drug-free workplace act,illegal use of drugs,unlawful drugs||Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace|
- Seton Hall University must verify employment eligibility of employees.
|I9,eligibility,employment,federal law,verification||Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9)|
- Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA).
|aa,age,andti-discrimination,compliance,disability,discrimination,eeo,employees,employment,equal,equal opportunity employment,federal,opportunity,president,state||Equal Employment Opportunity Affirmative Action Statement|
- This policy provides eligible employees with family medical leave in compliance with the FMLA and NJFMLA.
|FMLA,Family and Medical Leave Act,Leave for Covered Service Member,Military Family Leave,NJFLA,New Jersey Family Leave Act,Qualified Exigency Leave,Regular Leave,Unpaid Leave,intermittent leave||Family Medical Leaves|
- The purpose of this policy is to provide uniform criteria and procedures in the event it becomes necessary to reduce the number of positions and/or University employees or to restructure the workforce.
|employees,human resources,layoff,reduction,restructure,staff,workforce||Layoff Policy|
- Guidelines for conducting annual performance assessments for Administrative employees.
|Performance,Related Documents,Training and Organizational Development,administrator,hr,human resources,performance management,policies and procedures||Performance Evaluation for Administrative Employees|
- Guidelines for conducting annual performance assessments for bargaining and non-bargaining unit employees.
|Related Documents,Training and Organizational Development,hr,human resources,performance management,policies and procedures||Performance Evaluation for Bargaining Unit and Non-Bargaining Unit Support Staff|
- The policy provides eligible tenured faculty at the South Orange campus with the opportunity to enter into phased retirement agreements
|faculty,phased,policy,retrement,south orange campus,tenure,tenured||Phased Retirement Policy for Tenured Faculty at the South Orange Campus|
- Seton Hall University affirms the value of racial and ethnic diversity and welcomes persons of all groups, cultures and religious traditions.
|Policies,compliance,compliance program,discriminaiton,ethnic,policy,racial||Policy Against Racial & Ethnic Discrimination|
- As a Catholic institution of higher education, Seton Hall University embraces Judeo-Christian values that proclaim the dignity and rights of all people.
|Policies,compliance,federal,harassment,law,laws,policy,regulation,sexual,state||Policy Against Sexual Harassment|
- Ensure mission-effectiveness by recruiting employees who understand and embrace the University's Mission.
|recruiting for mission,mission,recruiting,University's Mission,Catholic mission,Catholic Institution of higher education,policy,policies,m||Recruiting for Mission Non-Faculty Employees|
- A description of the severance program Seton Hall University provides to full-time administrative and non-union staff employees.
|Financial Separation Allowance,Policies,Position Elimination,Release,Restructuring,Separation,Severance,Severance Pay,policy||Severance and Release|
- Details about the Short Term Disability policy.
|benefits,employee benefits,human resources,offices,services,short term disability||Short Term Disability|
- This policy provides paid sick leave to employees due to illness, injury or disability.
|accrued sick leave,earned sick leave,paid sick leave,sick leave maximum,unused sick leave||Sick Leave|
- Tax Reporting and Withholding Requirements for Tuition Remission and Tuition Exchange Benefits.
|benefits,exchange,hr,human resources,tax reporting requirements,tax withholding requirements,taxation,tuition,tuition exchange scholarship program,tuition remission||Tax Reporting and Withholding Requirements for Tuition Remission and Tuition Exchange Benefits|
- Seton Hall University is a member of Tuition Exchange, Inc., a 501(c) 3 non-profit association of colleges and universities that was founded in 1952 for the purpose of making careers in higher education more attractive.
|Resources,exchange,hr,human,program,scholarship,tuition||Tuition Exchange Scholarship Program|
- This program allows employees to donate vacation time to another employee.
|benefits,forms,policies and procedures||Vacation Donation Policy|
- This policy provides paid vacation leave to eligible employees.
|accrued vacation time,payment of unused vacation time,vacation accruals,vacation leave,vacation time||Vacation Leave|
- This policy has been established to provide an appropriate level of safety for employees, students, visitors and property by establishing a Zero Tolerance for any form of threats and/or threatening behavior or acts of violence.
|acts of violence,employee violence,threatening behavior,threats,violence,workplace violence,zero tolerance||Violence Prevention Policy|
- The policy and procedures by which an employee can participate in volunteer leave.
|benefits,human resources,leave,policy,volunteer,volunteerism||Volunteer Leave – Volunteerism|