Adding a new dependent and/or coverage
To add a new dependent during open enrollment, please follow the Open Enrollment Instructions. You are also required to complete a Dependent Eligibility Verification Affidavit and provide acceptable documentation in accordance with the affidavit.
List of Acceptable Documentation for Dependent Eligibility (copies not accepted)
- Spouse (A member of the opposite sex to whom you are legally married) - Marriage license, marriage certificate
- Civil Union Partner (A member of the same sex with whom you have entered into a Civil Union, recognized by the State of NJ) - Civil Union License
- Biological Child, Step Child (under age 26) – Official birth certificate
- Adopted Child or Pending Adoption (under age 26) – Adoption certificate or sworn statement of date of placement, or official birth certificate
- Child for whom you are the Legal Guardian– Proof of legal guardianship and official birth certificate
The Affidavit and documentation must be presented to the Human Resources Department before coverage can begin.
Adding dependent coverage to a plan
Each dependent must be added to the plan for coverage. If you are changing plans, you must add your dependents to the new plan. For detailed instructions see the Open Enrollment Instructions.