Students who wish to participate in any of our Roommate Selection processes (either for new incoming students or returning upperclass students) must complete a Roommate Survey. Before you begin, check out the page below for more important information regarding Housing processes.
Before You Submit Your Roommate Survey
- Read the Housing License. You must agree to the Terms and Conditions of this license.
- Make Your Housing Deposit.
- Availability is Limited. Housing is in great demand, so deposit early. Housing is guaranteed
for all new incoming students who deposit before May 1st.
Returning students must meet all deadlines to qualify for room selection.
When You Submit Your Roommate Survey
- SHU ID. You will need your ID number, which can be found on the back of your ID Card or in your acceptance letter.
- Starting Semester. Please select the first semester for which you would like housing.
- Special Accommodations. If you need ADA accommodations, your housing application will be held until your request has been reviewed by Disability Support Services.
- Meal Plans. All students who live in our on campus residence halls (Aquinas, Boland,
Cabrini, Neumann, Serra, or Xavier Halls)
must select a meal plan. You can change your plan at any time during the Add/Drop period. Learn about meal plan options and rates.
After You Apply
- Room Assignments. Your residence hall or apartment and your roommate(s) will be e-mailed to your SHU e-mail address and the address you
provided on your roommate survey in mid-July. They can also be
viewed on your Housing Profile on PirateNet.
- Billing Questions. Read the overview of housing billing, deposits and refunds.
- Cancel Your Deposit. If you decide to cancel your deposit, submit your Housing cancellation form. New incoming student
housing deposits are non-refundable after May 1st and returning
student housing deposits are non-refundable.