Students with disabilities and/or medical conditions that require a
specific type of housing assignment may request housing accommodations
through DSS. DSS partners with Department of Housing and Residence Life
to coordinate appropriate and accessible room assignments based on
Returning students must complete the Housing Accommodation Request
Form and submit to DSS by February 28, 2015. First-year and transfer
students must complete the Housing Accommodation Request Form and submit
to DSS by May 30, 2015.
Things To Remember:
- Students must complete the DSS Housing Accommodation Request each year if they wish to continue receiving housing accommodations.
- Requests for accommodations are considered based on need and availability.
- Determinations are made by a committee of appropriate University Officials.
- Students will be notified directly after a decision has been reached.
- Questions about costs and fees should be directed to the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
- Students who wish to live on campus must be registered for a full-time course load of 12 credits, unless alternative arrangements have been made through DSS.
- Students will be contacted by an administrator from the Office of Housing and Residence Life (HRL) to discuss the implementation of the requested housing accommodation. This meeting will occur after the DSS Housing Accommodation Request online form has been completed by the student and documentation has been received and reviewed by DSS staff.