Exam Accommodation Information
Disability Support Services (DSS) recommends that students meet with their instructors at least one (1) week
before each scheduled exam to determine how exam accommodations will be implemented.
Possible options include:
- Taking the exam with the class
- Taking the exam with appropriate accommodations arranged by the instructor. When discussing this option with faculty, please ask them to explore the following:
- Determine if the classroom is available for an early start or late finish
- Identify a department office or conference room that can be used for proctoring
- Determine which individuals in the department can assist with exam proctoring
- Taking the exam at DSS
DSS provides exam proctoring for students who need assistive computer technology, readers, scribes, specialized accommodations, etc.
Procedures for Requesting Exam Proctoring at DSS:
- Students must complete each field of the DSS Exam Proctoring Request at least 3 business days before the test. Business days does not include weekends and/or holidays. Additional notice is needed during midterms and finals.
- The instructor will be emailed a continuation of the Exam Proctoring Request. S/he must complete the Exam Proctoring Request form and submit the exam materials at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled test administration, not including weekends and holidays.
- A DSS administrator will confirm the testing arrangements with the instructor and student upon receipt of the completed Exam Proctoring Request.
- DSS will only proctor exams between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Students must discuss alternative timing with faculty before submitting the DSS Exam Proctoring Request.