The Counseling and Psychological Services Center provides free year-round counseling, crisis
intervention, consultation, and referral services to the Seton Hall
What are examples of Psychological Emergencies?
Who is eligible to receive services?
- Thoughts or plans to hurt yourself or someone else
- If you have been sexually or physically assaulted
- Intense Emotional Distress
All matriculated students, including undergraduate, graduate, law,
and seminary students, are eligible for direct services. Direct
services include individual and group counseling. We offer short-term
individual counseling with 15 maximum sessions per academic year. The duration of participation in group counseling is
University faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni can receive
referrals and consultations.
How Can I Reach The Counseling and Psychological Services Center in the Case of an Emergency?
- Please call The Counseling and Psychological Services Center at (973) 761-9500.
- Our office is open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Our staff is available for emergency walk-in appointments Monday -
Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- We are located on the 2nd floor of Mooney Hall.
After Hours Support: (5pm - 9 am, Monday - Friday and weekends)
- Please call Public Safety at (973) 761- 9300.
- Public Safety can contact our on-call counselors who are available
for 24-hour emergency phone consultation and crisis intervention.
Emergency Referral Agencies
- Seton Hall Public Safety and Security
- South Orange Police Department
- East Orange Mobile Crisis
(973) 672-9685 or (973) 672-9686
- East Orange Hospital ER
- St. Barnabas ER
- Union County Mobile Crisis Team
(908) 351-6684 or (908) 688-2599