The Career Center at Seton Hall University carries out the institution’s catholic mission and follows principles for professional conduct outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), the National Society for Experiential Education (NSEE) and the nationalCooperative Education and Internship Association (CEIA). These principles and standards outline professional expectations for employer partners and University administrators/faculty.
- Conduct all recruiting activities in an ethical, legal and professional manner.
- Provide qualified, informed and trained interviewers.
- Provide a full and accurate presentation of all relevant information pertaining to the organization, job and recruiting process.
- Provide qualified supervisors who will monitor and guide Interns.
- Consult with a professional of The Career Center prior to taking action on dismissing a student working in an internship.
- Allow a faculty member or career professional to visit the work site of a student.
- Provide feedback on an intern’s learning and work performance through a written evaluation provided by The Career Center.
- Follow non-discriminatory interviewing, hiring and employment practices.
- Ensure that alcohol will not be a part of the recruitment process.
- Refrain from any practice that improperly influences and affects job acceptances.
Seton Hall University Administrators, Career Professionals and Faculty:
- Work with employer and alumni communities to ensure that internship and professional opportunities are supportive of Seton Hall's catholic mission and values.
- Facilitate a recruitment process that is fair and equitable to candidates and employing organizations.
- Establish and ensure the delivery of ethical, moral, legal and professional services and practices that support Seton Hall University’s catholic mission .
- Promote and follow non-discriminatory practices. (All eligible candidates will be referred to all positions regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability).
- Hold all constituencies to a high standard of ethical, professional, legal and moral behavior.
- Provide career support and assistance to a student that is free of undue pressure.
*Seton Hall University's Career Center reserves the right to deny an employer access to posting employment opportunities.